• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Topcase Rack

Stopped in and talked to Givi at their booth in Daytona. OCR managed to get the CEO's card. They were extra nice to us after OCR took a tumble over a cinder block holding the tent up.

We talked to them about a rack to go on Honda top case. They first issued a couple cautions. Their racks are specifically designed for their top cases and the legs are beveled to match the curves in their cases. They were also concerned about the weight on the Honda rack as they do not think it is as strong as theirs so caution if doing this not to put much weight on the rack, light tent OK, but not cases of beer.

The rack they recommended most likely is the E-107. Legs just over 1" tall. Front legs 9.25' wide, rear legs 8.375" wide front to back of legs 6.375"

Here are some pics.

This is the recommendation from the CEO of Givi with disclaimer on strength of Honda top case.

I appreciate your checking on that. The strength of the top has definitely been a thought. I think if a guy was to use a large washer on insde of the lid it would help disperse the pull on the mounting point but definitely a concern. This is one of those things I keep asking myself if I really need to do so I'm thinking. :confused:

That might just work Fuzzy! Thanks to both your and OCR (hope he is ok). The bevel could be problematic, but maybe could be dremeled to fit.

I appreciate your checking on that. The strength of the top has definitely been a thought. I think if a guy was to use a large washer on insde of the lid it would help disperse the pull on the mounting point but definitely a concern. This is one of those things I keep asking myself if I really need to do so I'm thinking. :confused:

I would definitely do something lke this to spread the load. The Givi guy's concern was the attachment to the bike. He felt the Honda attachment is more like Givi's earlier arrangement with less strength than the one used on their Trekkers.

Back