• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Topcase Rack

Big Thump

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I did an advance search and saw a few posts with questions if the Givi topcase rack would fit on the OEM topcase. I never found an answer or picture with one on it. I was wondering if anyone has added a Givi rack to the topcase or not? I have a couple of Kermit chairs and a break down fishing rod I would like to strap on top of the trunk for travels. Not a lot of weight, and the trunk seems as sturdy (if not more) as others I have used for this.
Thanks

Thanks, I saw that but couldn't tell how it mounted to the top of the topcase. I would prefer the metal rack actually for bungee cords. Even though some things are model specific, you can sometimes get them to work for your application. I'm just trying to figure out if someone has already done this so I know it will fit before making an order. If the mounts are within the width of the top of the case, can make it work. If nobody has done this, I guess I might be the Guinea Pig.

I have that one on top of my Givi Trekker.

If you have time later can you measure the distance between the mounting holes? Width and Depth. I thinking the OEM top case may have to much bow in it and may not even be wide enough for this rack. Thanks in advance.

Here you are Serge. It was time to go pat it on the seat again and moan about working project at mill on such a beautiful day. Rain in forecast when we ride down to Daytona Wednesday.

Measurements quick check with tape and actual probably a round number metric measurement.

Front defined as towards the front of the bike.

Pictures.

View from above.
Front posts are 14 1/4" wide and 1 1/8" tall
photo 2 rack.jpg

Back posts are 13 1/4" wide and 15/16" tall.
photo 1 rack.jpg

Distance front to back is 8 1/2"
photo 3 rack.jpg

Givi has more than one. The smaller Trekker cases that go on side or top have a different rack available. Think it is less distance front to back to allow the partial opening of case that is used for top loading used as side case.

That would be great! Thanks for taking the time to get those measurements. I will also check the measurements you provided to see if it even comes close to fitting the Honda OEM topcase. Sounds like their might be a market for a rack made for the Honda NC700X topcase.

Just looked. Givi has a total of 8 different top case racks, but no dimensions on the web page.

Thanks for the measurements. I had gone to the Givi site and couldn't find measurement too. That's why I asked. I appreciate it.

Sergeantchuck did you happen to measure the honda top case to see if these dimensions fuzzy gave us will work?

My interest is peaked now because I just refreshed my memory on the dimensions Fuzzy gave and it looks like it could possible work.

Yesterday was hectic at work and didn't get any better once home. Busy day. I did take the measurements though. All I really had time to do was measure what I would call the optimal location.

I wanted to avoid having to drill holes through the chrome decorative covers on the top of the trunk so I chose a location centered in the plastic that was still fairly flat.

I came up with 15” side to side and 8” front to back. After looking at Fuzzy’s numbers I see he reported 14 ¼ (Front) and 13 ¼ (Back) for the side to side. He reported 8 ½ for front to back.

The 14 ¼ measurement is definitely doable. The 13 ¼ may bring the racks mounting points onto the chrome panel. I need to go back out and double check that.

This particular rack could be really close to working so like I said my interest is peaked.

I forgot all about the measurements when I got involved in valve adjustments and chain replacement on two bikes. Thanks SeargentChuck! What chrome panel are you referring too? Is this the brushed chrome, on top of the Honda OEM topbox?

I forgot all about the measurements when I got involved in valve adjustments and chain replacement on two bikes. Thanks SeargentChuck! What chrome panel are you referring too? Is this the brushed chrome, on top of the Honda OEM topbox?

Yes, the brushed chrome panels. I must have been tire when measuring this morning. The rack that Fuzzy has on his bike will fit on the OEM topcase but all four holes will have to be drilled threw the brushed chrome / aluminum panels. If a person doesn't mind that I think that rack just might fit.

I agree very tempting. Need to wait until after tax refund, my farkle budget is gone. I did buy the $8 drawer handles to use as a rack which was recommended in another thread but haven't decided to drill into my top box yet.

so tempting to order the rack and try it out......

Yes, the brushed chrome panels. I must have been tire when measuring this morning. The rack that Fuzzy has on his bike will fit on the OEM topcase but all four holes will have to be drilled threw the brushed chrome / aluminum panels. If a person doesn't mind that I think that rack just might fit.

BTW the brushed chrome/aluminum panels are actually plastic. When I removed them to paint them red I found out they were plastic.

BTW the brushed chrome/aluminum panels are actually plastic. When I removed them to paint them red I found out they were plastic.

Figures. LOL. I didn't pay that close attention. They did a dang good job painting those things then.

Stopped in and talked to Givi at their booth in Daytona. OCR managed to get the CEO's card. They were extra nice to us after OCR took a tumble over a cinder block holding the tent up.

We talked to them about a rack to go on Honda top case. They first issued a couple cautions. Their racks are specifically designed for their top cases and the legs are beveled to match the curves in their cases. They were also concerned about the weight on the Honda rack as they do not think it is as strong as theirs so caution if doing this not to put much weight on the rack, light tent OK, but not cases of beer.

The rack they recommended most likely is the E-107. Legs just over 1" tall. Front legs 9.25' wide, rear legs 8.375" wide front to back of legs 6.375"

Here are some pics.

Givi photo 1.jpg

Givi photo 3.jpg

This is the recommendation from the CEO of Givi with disclaimer on strength of Honda top case.

Back