• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Tall Windscreen Mod

CB4ME

Reaction score
Visit site
The Honda tall windscreen is 140mm taller and 80mm wider than the stock windscreen. While providing extra wind protection, it also introduced unwanted wind noise (whipping flag noise) for me (I'm 6'1").

Yesterday I took a jig saw to the screen and lopped off 4 inches from the top in hopes of eliminating the wind noise. Unfortunately I'm snowed in again with high temps in the low teens. However I'm pretty confident windscreen caused turbulence will miss my helmet based on my experience with the stock windscreen. With the stock screen I had to scrunch down pretty low in order to get the noise.

The modified screen extends 40mm more (about 1.6") than the stock screen on either side and on top, and I think it looks more sporting than the tall screen. At the same time it provides a little more wind protection to the chest area.

Here is a before and 2 after pictures.

before.jpg

after.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

Has anyone else done a similar modification to their windscreen?

Last edited:
I cut a touring screen and use it for hot summer riding, use the stock touring screen with deflector on top for cooler weather. This allows the touring mount to be used for both screens and a quick change.

The deflector gets that rough air off or over my helmet. (6'3" rider height)

no I gave up on my OEM tall windscreen. IT was buffeting my head and huge wind noise even in a full helmet. I just put on a MRA vario touring windscreen. While it is technically shorter with the spoiler open to top peg the airflow I have noticed at lower speeds I feel nothing and at highway speeds while there is still plenty of air not at the level of buffeting I was dealing with. The MRA is 14 1/2 inches across where the Honda tall is only 9 1/2 wide. Lets a bunch of air blast past.

Get a Puig (or other brand) wind deflector that bolts on top of wind screen. I'm 6'2" and the air is hitting a little above forehead height. I actually have one I'd let go of. I cut another deflector out of my old Burgman wind screen that works better. Maybe I'll get to making a thread on it.

Get a Puig (or other brand) wind deflector that bolts on top of wind screen. I'm 6'2" and the air is hitting a little above forehead height. I actually have one I'd let go of. I cut another deflector out of my old Burgman wind screen that works better. Maybe I'll get to making a thread on it.

This is my setup.005.jpg

Does anyone have a pic of the extra bolt on reflector on a puig?i would like to see what it looks like while sitting on the bike.do these add ons really help?i have the puig but never thought about the add on until now.thanks

Here is the Puig with Puig Deflector

Does anyone have a pic of the extra bolt on reflector on a puig?i would like to see what it looks like while sitting on the bike.do these add ons really help?i have the puig but never thought about the add on until now.thanks
Ziggie,
you asked for it, and here it is!:cool:
IMG_0152.JPGex_PUIG15026.jpgIMG_0149.JPG

Thank you pismo,it add more then I thought,and looks good.at 5" 10 I could get the wind over my head.

This is the best solution for me: GIVI windscreen + MRA X-creen deflector.
NehS00.jpg

I also tried the Honda tall windscreen but I didn't like. Too much noise into my helmet.

I cut the Givi and I made myself a mra deflector. I only use the mechanism of mra, on this way the deflector fit perfectly on the screen.

Last edited:
Back