• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Puig touring windscreen w/ visor review

Cirrusly

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have only had my new 2023 NC750XD for a couple of weeks, but after 1 ride I knew that I had to replace the factory windscreen. I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam. The stock windscreen directed air directly at my helmet making for a very uncomfortable and noisy ride. I installed the lightly tinted Puig touring screen with the visor yesterday and did a 100 mile ride today. For me this is a very good screen! The air now hits me at the VERY top of my helmet, and I can easily ride with my face shield completely open. The air also just barely hits the outside edges of my shoulders so the wind shield not only redirects the air vertically, but also horizontally better than the stock screen.

I did have an issue during installation that Puig needs to address. To install the bracket for the visor you need to screw 8 self-tapping screws into the plastic bracket. The issue is the self-tapping screws had a blunt, not sharp tip on them. Regardless of how much pressure I applied the screws would not bite into the plastic bracket. I finally took my drill and a 5/32" bit and I VERY gently drilled into the 8 holes in the plastic. I only let the drill bit turn less than one complete turn and then I reamed out the burr. This allowed the blunt screw enough room to bite into the plastic, yet there was still plenty of plastic for the screw to tighten down completely.

Other than that issue it was a VERY easy installation, and I'm very pleased with the results.

Steve

New rider here. I also have a 2023 NC750XD and immediately purchased the PUIG touring windscreen. I'm 5'8" and find that the airflow over the top of the screen now clears my helmet and no buffeting is felt at all. That said, the airflow around the sides (at 65mph) is very turbulent by the time it reaches my middle torso, which causes buffeting along the sides of my body. I might recommend to PUIG to add an extra 2-3 inches along each side so as to direct the airflow further away from the rider. I'm exploring adding sometype of deflector to each side of the windscreen. I've seen these for other bikes on AliExpress, but have been unable to find them listed anywhere.

New rider here. I also have a 2023 NC750XD and immediately purchased the PUIG touring windscreen. I'm 5'8" and find that the airflow over the top of the screen now clears my helmet and no buffeting is felt at all. That said, the airflow around the sides (at 65mph) is very turbulent by the time it reaches my middle torso, which causes buffeting along the sides of my body. I might recommend to PUIG to add an extra 2-3 inches along each side so as to direct the airflow further away from the rider. I'm exploring adding sometype of deflector to each side of the windscreen. I've seen these for other bikes on AliExpress, but have been unable to find them listed anywhere.
Let us know how your deflector modifications work, if you proceed. It seems NC windscreen width design is often limited by potential interference with the mirror stalks when the steering is turned to full lock. And speaking of mirrors, some riders have determined that the air coming around the sides of the windscreen is disturbed by the mirrors (and possibly handguards), and more turbulence results. I have a Madstad windscreen, but my only dislike is turbulent air coming around the lower outer corners of the screen. The ride gets a little quieter when I remove my handguards for summer, but of course I have not tried removing the mirrors.

Another thing worth trying is to add spacers under the upper windscreen mounting bolts, to angle the screen a bit taller and further away from you. You can see the white spacers and longer bolts I've installed to make my Givi screen a bit more upright. I find this enlarges the pocket of still air behind the screen. YMMV of course.

-Jim G

652127B2-BD31-4CEE-BBDE-3E6433695548.jpg

Great suggestion, I may give it a try if all else fails. In the meantime, I've ordered a pair of winglets to add to each side of my PUIG windshield. I'll let the forum know how these work out.

These "winglets" are from Aliexpress. What I'm doing is strictly experimental. I have no idea if this will work for the following reasons:
1. They are large and I'm not sure if they will clear the mirrors during a turn
2. The Puig windshield is contoured at the edges which leaves me with no flat spots for mounting. Trial and error will determine the best spot for mounting and if I have to make any modifications.

Will these even accomplish what I'm after? By extending the sides of the windshield, I'm hoping to minimize the turbulence aft of the shield thereby eliminating the buffeting on my chest area.

I will post the results of my experiment, along with photos and links to the product.

OMG....what a difference these "winglets" make. I installed a winglet on each side of my Puig windshield, hoping to minimize the buffeting on my torse due to the narrow width of the screen. Now, the airflow is directed further outward and seems to come together well past my shoulders. The buffeting is gone.

The winglets are purchased from Aliexpress. Shipping to my address in Hi was relatively quick. I ordered these on Mar 25 and received them on Apr 14 (3 weeks). I recommend these wings because they are adjustable in 2 ways. They can be moved horizontally by about 1.5" which gives you the ability to lessen the profile against the wind. They can also be tilted to direct the wind flow either away or toward the rider. Installation is non-destructive; there is no need to drill holes. They are kept in place by silicone spacers that are tightened by set screws.

No issues with clearance with the mirrors. See my 2nd photo where I have the handlebar turned completely to the left and show no contact with the mirror stalk.

Attachments

• Front View.jpg
    Front View.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 117
  • Mirror Clx.jpg
    Mirror Clx.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 112
OMG....what a difference these "winglets" make. I installed a winglet on each side of my Puig windshield, hoping to minimize the buffeting on my torse due to the narrow width of the screen. Now, the airflow is directed further outward and seems to come together well past my shoulders. The buffeting is gone.

The winglets are purchased from Aliexpress. Shipping to my address in Hi was relatively quick. I ordered these on Mar 25 and received them on Apr 14 (3 weeks). I recommend these wings because they are adjustable in 2 ways. They can be moved horizontally by about 1.5" which gives you the ability to lessen the profile against the wind. They can also be tilted to direct the wind flow either away or toward the rider. Installation is non-destructive; there is no need to drill holes. They are kept in place by silicone spacers that are tightened by set screws.

No issues with clearance with the mirrors. See my 2nd photo where I have the handlebar turned completely to the left and show no contact with the mirror stalk.

Not sure if you read my post regarding the windshield mount cracking on the cross tubing underneath but I am interested to see if anyone else has this issue with other newer years (mine is a 21). This setup is a lot larger than my setup thus putting more pressure on the supports. I agree the stock windscreen setup sucks, not to mention the seat. Keep an eye on any excess screen movement developing on either side. Good luck, I hope no issues arise in this area going forward and have a safe riding season.

I have only had my new 2023 NC750XD for a couple of weeks, but after 1 ride I knew that I had to replace the factory windscreen. I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam. The stock windscreen directed air directly at my helmet making for a very uncomfortable and noisy ride. I installed the lightly tinted Puig touring screen with the visor yesterday and did a 100 mile ride today. For me this is a very good screen! The air now hits me at the VERY top of my helmet, and I can easily ride with my face shield completely open. The air also just barely hits the outside edges of my shoulders so the wind shield not only redirects the air vertically, but also horizontally better than the stock screen.

I did have an issue during installation that Puig needs to address. To install the bracket for the visor you need to screw 8 self-tapping screws into the plastic bracket. The issue is the self-tapping screws had a blunt, not sharp tip on them. Regardless of how much pressure I applied the screws would not bite into the plastic bracket. I finally took my drill and a 5/32" bit and I VERY gently drilled into the 8 holes in the plastic. I only let the drill bit turn less than one complete turn and then I reamed out the burr. This allowed the blunt screw enough room to bite into the plastic, yet there was still plenty of plastic for the screw to tighten down completely.

Other than that issue it was a VERY easy installation, and I'm very pleased with the results.

Steve
I'm same height inseam and my bike was fitted with the Puig touring screen when I purchased second hand, what visor details might you have, is it available sold separately, would you have any specs or details. Thanks

I too just bought a new Puig touring screen and got it mounted up a couple of days ago. I took it out for a ride and really like it though at 2m tall i always get beat up with windscreens. Around town/locally it is fine but out on the interstate i get hit in the helmet/arms/shoulders pretty hard so i just deal with it. One day i'll kick down some cash and buy a nice adjustable Madstad like Duelin' has!! it is what it is sometimes,.... :{P

Aloha fellow riders,

Just a quick update on the installed "winglets" on my Puig windshield. I've been riding with them for the last 6 weeks and absolutely love them. The airflow is directed well around me and the buffeting is gone. There's actual dead air just behind the windshield.

The winglets are held in place by friction using silicone spacers and set screws. These winglets have not moved from their original installed location. In addition, I'm not seeing any stress points on the windshield due to the additional stress imposed by the winglets.

The max speed limit on the island of Oahu is 55 mph on the freeways with normal traffic flow around 65 mph. My modified windshield does its magic at freeway speeds and keeps me from getting beat up by the windstream.

Hope this helps others.

I did read your post and see that you have had no problems, but I have a question. You used only the top mounting hole for the diffuser on the top of the screen. I had not considered that. Have you had any issues with that configuration and was that in the installation instructions and I missed it? I am using both (lower position) and had not considered that as an option to improve the airflow.

Yes, I did use only the top mounting holes for the diffuser screen in order to give me an additional inch of protection. It was not listed in the instructions. My rationale for mounting it this way was to give me more flexibility in the tilt of the diffuser. I have more leeway in tilting as opposed to mounting it in the location specified by Puig. For taller riders, mounting the diffuser only in the top mounting holes might be an advantage.

Back