• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Madstad windscreen installed

SuvE

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Today I installed a Madstad windscreen on my '22 NC750X. It took about 2 hours from start to finish. A quick test ride shows a nice improvement in noise level and general wind protection. Windshield is much heavier (thicker) than Honda's OEM tall windscreen that it replaced. So far, it looks like a good investment. I'll know much more after I use it for a couple thousand miles.

I love my Madstad. Had it for 30000+ miles. Worth every penny.
FYI do NOT clean it with any glass cleaner containing ammonia. It will craze it.

Today I installed a Madstad windscreen on my '22 NC750X. It took about 2 hours from start to finish. A quick test ride shows a nice improvement in noise level and general wind protection. Windshield is much heavier (thicker) than Honda's OEM tall windscreen that it replaced. So far, it looks like a good investment. I'll know much more after I use it for a couple thousand miles.
Pictures?

Sorry... I meant to attach one. Try this...

22 inch screen, btw...
I was seriously thinking about getting a Mastad f

22 inch screen, btw...

22 inch screen, btw...
I was seriously interested in buying a Mastad windshield, but was very surprised to learn it took two hours to install. What causes it to take lawn to install?

I was seriously interested in buying a Mastad windshield, but was very surprised to learn it took two hours to install. What causes it to take lawn to install?
Mike, hopefully Madstad installers will respond and correct me if I'm wrong. Take into considerstion the bike's model year. I seem to recall the 2021-22 model years require some bodywork removal to install the Madstad (something that would not be required on your 2016), thus the long install time.

I guess I should have been more precise... it was two hours from the time I uncovered the bike to the time I started the engine to take a test ride. That includes unboxing, tools out, installation, tools put away and work area cleaned up.

What takes a while us the need to remove the original windscreen, the top console cover, and three different plastic fairing panels on each side. A total of 7 panels. I take my time so I don't damage any of the plastic parts. This gives you access to the original bracket bolts. Then you unbolt the original windshield brackets and install the Madstad brackets in their place. Next you have to reinstall all the plastic. Then attach the two side deflectors, and finally attach the new windscreen. Do a preliminary adjustment, then go for a ride and see how well that position works. Tweak as needed to get it the way you want. It can go up and down about 3 Inches, plus adjustment of the fore and aft angle of the screen. It is a very sturdy installation once complete.

I'm sure someone could do it faster, but I was in no hurry. I think it is well worth the investment in time and purchase price, and it works very well based on my quick test.

There is actually a video on YouTube of the installation on a NC750X (21+) you can watch for more detail if you wish. They make the plastic removal look easy, but it takes me a while due to my caution.

I hope this helps...

I guess I should have been more precise... it was two hours from the time I uncovered the bike to the time I started the engine to take a test ride. That includes unboxing, tools out, installation, tools put away and work area cleaned up.

What takes a while us the need to remove the original windscreen, the top console cover, and three different plastic fairing panels on each side. A total of 7 panels. I take my time so I don't damage any of the plastic parts. This gives you access to the original bracket bolts. Then you unbolt the original windshield brackets and install the Madstad brackets in their place. Next you have to reinstall all the plastic. Then attach the two side deflectors, and finally attach the new windscreen. Do a preliminary adjustment, then go for a ride and see how well that position works. Tweak as needed to get it the way you want. It can go up and down about 3 Inches, plus adjustment of the fore and aft angle of the screen. It is a very sturdy installation once complete.

I'm sure someone could do it faster, but I was in no hurry. I think it is well worth the investment in time and purchase price, and it works very well based on my quick test.

There is actually a video on YouTube of the installation on a NC750X (21+) you can watch for more detail if you wish. They make the plastic removal look easy, but it takes me a while due to my caution.

I hope this helps...
For some of my repairs it can take me 30 minutes just to get all the tools...nice to see you have no regrets :)

22 inch screen, btw...
Thank you for taking the time to post. Could you take a few pictures from different angles? I'd like to see the brackets and how the winglets attach on a 21+.

Thank you for taking the time to post. Could you take a few pictures from different angles? I'd like to see the brackets and how the winglets attach on a 21+.

No problem. Attached are pictures that I think will answer your questions. Please note that the round bar that runs across the top is an added benefit. It is there so you can mount phone, GPS, or whatever you want to it if desired.

Attachments

• 20221103_083847.jpg
    20221103_083847.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 75
  • 20221103_083857.jpg
    20221103_083857.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
  • 20221103_083908.jpg
    20221103_083908.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
  • 20221103_083929.jpg
    20221103_083929.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 76

I hope this helps...
Thanks for the response the information was very helpful.

No problem. Attached are pictures that I think will answer your questions. Please note that the round bar that runs across the top is an added benefit. It is there so you can mount phone, GPS, or whatever you want to it if desired.
where did you get the round bar? Would love that for my Garmin XL. I've got a Madstad on my 2015.

Edited to add: Just noticed Madstad includes that cross bar with the 20/21 model windshields. Wonder why they don't offer it for the earlier versions?

Yes... it came as part of the windshield kit.
Can you give a measurement of the cross bar length? It might be a simple fit to older Madstads as long as the distance between brackets is similar and Madstad does sell parts ala carte.

However I suspect devices mounted on the bracketry will encounter a lot of vibration.

Can you give a measurement of the cross bar length? It might be a simple fit to older Madstads as long as the distance between brackets is similar and Madstad does sell parts ala carte.

However I suspect devices mounted on the bracketry will encounter a lot of vibration.
the bracketing is entirely different on the 20/21 than on mine. Shame Madstad wouldn't have designed a cross bar for the older mount ... it seems many people are always looking for a way to mount a GPS higher in the field of view.

It is 22cm long... not quite 8 3/4 inches.

Here's the installation video for the 2021 Madstad. On my 2018 NC750X, it's a lot easier to install. Plus there are side winglets that I didn't install because it restricted the handlebar turning range.

Are you sure you installed the winglets correctly? I initially had that problem, then realized that I had installed them wrong. (2022, I know your install is different, but i will mention it anyway) Now they are not even close to interfering. Note: I sent feedback to Madstad suggesting that they need to clarify that part of the installation documentation. They responded and are looking at it.

As a follow up, I now have about 1000 miles behind my new windscreen, and I have to say I love it! Less noise and wind blast. I am very pleased with my decision to upgrade to it.

Back