• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda recall

The reimbursement form has some very specific conditions, I have not had mine done yet so it will not apply to mine.
Getting it done tomorrow.

The way I read my son's letter is they want to "inspect" it to see if the batch number matches the bad ones.

"...to have your vehicle's starter relay switch inspected and, if necessary, replaced..."

That is how I read it.

Yepper! That's correct. Ride-Now Gainesville wants to have the kits on hand before the inspections just to make sure they don't have re-schedule's. I'll agree with that as going twice would be a hassle for everyone.

Son took his 2014 NCX in for the starter recall today.

His relay was manufactured before the "bad ones" so no change necessary.
As for the other recalls, the frunk lock recall did not apply to his bike and the instrument cluster was replaced before the bike was sold (a couple of months ago).

So he is good to go.

Spoke with the service adviser today. Parts on order include solenoid "kit" and new wiring harness. Not sure if this is a major harness or not but sounds like a big deal. Harness to be replaced because of melted multi-pin connector near solenoid.
Looks like it is going to take a while. :(
We are having some fine riding weather here in the mountains and I sit sadly on the sidelines.

I got my NC back last Friday and after having dealer perform recall replacement of damaged main harness and defective relay everything seems normal. I have yet to dig in and confirm the quality of the workmanship. Hoping for the best. I got the impression that this was an $1100.00 retail repair. 19 days in the shop, most of which I assume was waiting for the relay. Here's to hoping for thousands and thousands of the trouble free miles Honda owners have come to expect.

Bumping to top (secretly the end) to get more visability. I gots me a mutimeter and I knows how to sticks it on things so I wants to knows how to do this. So someone in the know please answer forthwith please and thank you.

My impression is that the solenoids are being replaced based on a serial number or manufacturing code stamped on a group of class of known defective solenoids, rather than on field testing.

My impression is that the solenoids are being replaced based on a serial number or manufacturing code stamped on a group of class of known defective solenoids, rather than on field testing.

come on, who has time for field testing...cheaper to replace the suspect.

My son said his shop said (maybe I should stop now) they look at mfg date. He did not get told the "window".

Mine is in the shop waiting on the starter RELAY (not a switch). The service rep said I should come in IMMEDIATELY to have it 'tested'. When I talked to the actual mechanic, he said the 'test' is looking at the serial number on the relay. This dealer has replaced a few and has seen one wire harness that had completely melted down.

Took my 2014 700x to dealership this past Friday. Changed out the starter relay in about 10 minutes. Dealer said replacement based on number stamped on the original relay. Some require replacement, and some don't. Mine did. He stated that some bikes just quit running, and a few have caught fire. Dealer also hinted that a 1000 cc version coming soon.

Took my 2014 700x to dealership this past Friday. Changed out the starter relay in about 10 minutes. Dealer said replacement based on number stamped on the original relay. Some require replacement, and some don't. Mine did. He stated that some bikes just quit running, and a few have caught fire. Dealer also hinted that a 1000 cc version coming soon.

No need to take hints. Just go to the Honda Web site to see the 1000cc model. I wouldn't call it a "version", but rather just a new model.

Africa Twin - Honda Powersports

Last edited:
Just had my NC750DCT serviced by the local Honda dealer. When I got home there was a letter from Honda regarding the starter relay, so back to the dealer...again.
The Honda dealer did not check any service recall the first time it was in :mad: They are wasting my time!

Back