• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda recall

It is. The dealer notified me of the recall when I brought mine in for service, and they checked it out. I had mine replaced earlier for another issue.

is that starter recall legitimate then?

Not the starter but the starter relay switch:

(HONDA) IS RECALLING CERTAIN 2013-2016 MOTORCYCLES. DURING ASSEMBLY OF THE STARTER RELAY SWITCH, SEALANT MAY HAVE BEEN APPLIED INCORRECTLY WHICH COULD INCREASE RESISTANCE ACROSS THE MAIN FUSE, POTENTIALLY INTERRUPTING THE MOTORCYCLE'S BATTERY VOLTAGE TO THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM. HONDA WILL NOTIFY OWNERS, AND DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE LOT NUMBER OF THE STARTER RELAY SWITCH AND REPLACE IF NECESSARY

If I'm interperating everything correctly-I went out yesterday and checked my solenoid and fuse. the assembly looks practically new.
View attachment 26184
Today I bit the bullet and called Ride-Now Gainesville. They only have 2 parts kits, and are back logged for the recall, and I shoud call back next week. They want to have the parts there when they do the inspect. If I understood him correctly, they're just replacing them if it's in the batch#.
YAY'WELL! :)

Got my recall notice Monday. I haven't gotten the letter for the Frunk lock or the cluster. So I called the dealer I got it at. They don't have any kits, but they want me to bring it in this Friday to be inspected. I said sure. Now I'm thinking that if the discove I do need the repair they won't give me the bike back until its repaired, because inconveniencing a customer who's bike hasn't melted, but might is way easier (less expensive for them, Honda) then letting me on my way while they wait for the part to come in and then my bike melting and they being liable for the full repair.

Any thoughts on this? Are they gonna impound my bike if the inspection says i need the part?

How can you test if you need the recall?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Bumping to top (secretly the end) to get more visability. I gots me a mutimeter and I knows how to sticks it on things so I wants to knows how to do this. So someone in the know please answer forthwith please and thank you.

My dealer went belly up last year. Haven't had any issues I can't do myself so far. The warranty is long gone and I don't see the 2012's on the recall anyway.

Got my recall notice Monday. I haven't gotten the letter for the Frunk lock or the cluster. So I called the dealer I got it at. They don't have any kits, but they want me to bring it in this Friday to be inspected. I said sure. Now I'm thinking that if the discove I do need the repair they won't give me the bike back until its repaired, because inconveniencing a customer who's bike hasn't melted, but might is way easier (less expensive for them, Honda) then letting me on my way while they wait for the part to come in and then my bike melting and they being liable for the full repair.

Any thoughts on this? Are they gonna impound my bike if the inspection says i need the part?

Well, if you haven't already done so, call your dealer back and ask them. It's a good question.
Regarding testing the unit with a multimeter- I can't help as I don't have a full repair manual with wiring diagram and recommended circuit testing procedures- BUT- I never bother testing anything if I don't have a reason to suspect it may be giving me trouble.
Feralcat thinking- read at your own peril:D: My bike fires up before 1 full starter crank. I see no black soot, melted areas, or any other indications that look like arcing or other unusual circuit resistance on any of the connector prongs, fuse or solenoid. Ergo- my problem aint so bad that I'm worried about riding it or getting it looked at ASAP.
...just sayin

Just a thought...

This is a recall on a part that, if it is affected, can cause the bike to CATCH FIRE!

Just a thought...

how many of you are caring fire extinguisher?

I don't know but as I see it it's far too many recalls for just one model :mad:

how many of you are caring fire extinguisher?

I don't know but as I see it it's far too many recalls for just one model :mad:
Ill second that. Looks like mother Honda tried too hard to make our bikes too inexpensive. Hopefully the AT doesnt suffer the same.

Not that im getting one as the mpg is less than the NC and thats my deal breaker.

Just got off the phone with Mother Honda (out in California), my 2013 NC700x is not on the recall list and as far as they know at this moment, is not going to be added to the starter relay switch recall :cool:

Just got off the phone with Mother Honda (out in California), my 2013 NC700x is not on the recall list and as far as they know at this moment, is not going to be added to the starter relay switch recall :cool:

I knew I should have bought the 13 over the 14...lol I just had to hold out for the gear indicator...:rolleyes: OH well. It's still way less trouble and fewer recalls than my last Ducati.

I rode through 100 miles of rain to get my Corbin seat fitted, if it were going to let moisture in to short things I would think that would have done it.

But I'll take a free repair now for a possible future problem.

Recall for starter relai will start in France from october, it apply on several models (17000 bikes concerned), including NC.

The recall notice for my 2014 NC700XD came in the mail today. Along with the notice there is a form titled "Request For Reimbursement" if you've already paid for the replacement part.

Back