• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda NC700X Service Manual

as i said long time ago here-i was coming from Mercedes Benz forums and they are top notch organized and super DYI friendly. up to the point where anyone with 2 hands and ZERO DYI experience can do most of the maintenance himself.(and trust me,current MB's are far more complicated than bikes or any average car). those forums alone saved me literally thousands of dollars in maintenance and basic,well known problems.it would be really beneficial for everyone,if can have something similar here,regarding NC maintenance or G** forbid problems.

Too bad Honda doesn't have a more comprehensive owners manual.

Yamaha does a decent job with their owners manuals and makes them available online... here's a link to the S10 owners manual from their website

http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/as...013/2013_SuperTenere_LIT-11626-26-46_2047.pdf

This is probably the same manual you would get with a new bike.

Within the manual, they cover most stuff DYIers would want to do including removing cowls.

The online manuals are view only and are secured from printing (even if you save it to your desktop and try printing it)....

out of curiosity, I checked their price on a service manual... $93! guess $70 for the NC service manual was a deal huh?

Last edited:
"Copyright" discussions are a sore subject on this forum, and many other places. It's just best to keep your opinions on it to yourself or a PM.

As far as the manual discussion goes, I too would prefer a PDF instead of a hard copy. I've found with hard copies, the pages get greasy and or torn with my hands.
Better for the environment too, less paper :)

I've found with hard copies, the pages get greasy and or torn with my hands.

I've always found this to be a good indicator of how well a bike has been maintained and how much the owner knows about the bike. I'll walk away from purchasing a used bike if the manual is in pristine condition.

Just ordered my service manual from Helm and noticed that I ordered 61MGS00 which apparent has been replaced by 61MGS01, did I order a completely irrelevant manual or are the changes negligble at best?

Thoughts?

I didn't order from helm,but the service manual I got also had a change of numbers. Different was the year which nothing change.

I think that as much as bikes cost today that the manufacturer should issue a basic maintenance manual with each new motorcycle. It doesn't have to be the monster detailed one that the factory tech's use, but it should cover all standard maintenance like panel removal, wheel and brake work, etc... along with a torque & spec sheets. For the profit these manufacturers make it wouldn't hurt to spend a few $$ for all the DYI bikers. It would also be good public relations. Bikers work on their machines way more than the average car owner.

I think that as much as bikes cost today that the manufacturer For the profit these manufacturers make it wouldn't hurt to spend a few $$ for all the DYI bikers. It would also be good public relations. Bikers work on their machines way more than the average car owner.

Just a note...........the dealer and Honda are not making boat loads of money on any of the bikes sold in the US market. The entire industry has not recovered from 2008 down turn. An example of how close the pricing is The Europe market even gets a tool........the US market got an empty pouch.

The old sayin..........want to make a million dollars in the motorcycle business............start with two million..........

That's way Harley sells t-shirts. ;););)

Quite a bit of the basic maintenance/repair/troubleshooting is in my 2014 owners manual.

Oil changes
Wheel removal
Chain adjustments
Battery replacement
Lower fairing removal
Crankcase breather cleaning
Adjusting/aiming headlamp
Clutch and brake lever adjustments
Changing clutch oil filter (I have a DCT)
Checking/removing spark plugs

Seems like most <basic> maintenance is included in the owners manual.

For every owner willing to tackle a value adjustment, there are a hundred that will bring it to the dealer. Frankly, I think the manual that ships with the bike will suffice for the vast majority of owner's needs. For the rest, a reasonably price factory manual is available.

Last edited:
Please note the Site Rules governing the sale, linking to, propagation, etc., of illegal copy write infringing versions of the Helm Shop manual!

Now... THAT... is a huge find!
That means that the entire service manual is now electronically searchable and costs... nothing.

It costs nothing because it's stolen.

Last edited:
Seems like most <basic> maintenance is included in the owners manual.

For every owner willing to tackle a valve adjustment, there are a hundred that will bring it to the dealer. Frankly, I think the manual that ships with the bike will suffice for the vast majority of owner's needs. For the rest, a reasonably price factory manual is available.

All true. The after-the-sale maintenance/service is what keeps dealers in business. As mentioned, profit margin is not much on the sales.

I ordered a manual from Helm. Paid full price ($70 shipped). It will pay for itself with $ to spare with my first job- replacing my timing chain tensioner.

Back