• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda NC700X Service Manual

Just ordered both manuals from Helm. Both items are marked as in stock. So we'll see what happens. Certainly was easy to purchase via their website. I'll post here if they arrive in a timely manner or not.

Manuals arrived today. So that's 10 days from time ordered. I'm happy with that !
Just ordered both manuals from Helm. Both items are marked as in stock. So we'll see what happens. Certainly was easy to purchase via their website. I'll post here if they arrive in a timely manner or not.

Helms prints all the brands service manuals. They keep nothing in stock, but it is always quickly printed. Like Max Cooper stated usually about a 10 day turn around.5.jpg

SmileyNews.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I got a brand new factory Helms manual on ebay from a Honda Dealership for $60 USD shipped, but that was a long time ago while they were in short supply. They cost more then.

Last edited:
I was busted by the Admin. for posting sources for inexpensive knock off service manuals on this Forum!
I'm sure they will be on your trail soon! Or maybe NOT! It is after all the Christmas Season!
Good luck?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was busted by the Admin. for posting sources for inexpensive knock off service manuals on this Forum!
I'm sure they will be on your trail soon! Or maybe NOT! It is after all the Christmas Season!
Good luck?

Busted indeed-I spent a long time and many emails with Helm, and they determined yes, these were illegal third party copyright infringing facsimiles.

Never say never to the online free service manuals. I have downloaded free Goldwing, Ninja, Triumph, CB750 & Yamaha GTS manuals in the past. Some may say it is unethical, but if someone puts it up and it saves me $$ I don't feel like I'm digging into the overall profits of Honda or other major manufacturers. With this being a pretty new model, these probably won't pop up on the net for a few years.
This seems to be a very upstanding website, so I'm sure any links to free manuals will never grace these pages. I don't know if Clymers has published a repair manual for the NC yet. I have a couple of them and they may be an abbreviated version of the factory version, but they have all the technical data that a decent mechanic needs.

Never say never to the online free service manuals. I have downloaded free Goldwing, Ninja, Triumph, CB750 & Yamaha GTS manuals in the past. Some may say it is unethical, but if someone puts it up and it saves me $$ I don't feel like I'm digging into the overall profits of Honda or other major manufacturers. With this being a pretty new model, these probably won't pop up on the net for a few years.
This seems to be a very upstanding website, so I'm sure any links to free manuals will never grace these pages. I don't know if Clymers has published a repair manual for the NC yet. I have a couple of them and they may be an abbreviated version of the factory version, but they have all the technical data that a decent mechanic needs.

So on that note, if you stole a few parts from Honda and it saved you some $, you don't think that would harm Honda's "overall" profits, and that would be OK? How is stealing the manuals, a product that their technical writers produce, any different than stealing their parts, a product that their factory produces? Your logic escapes me.

I agree, 670cc. I will acknowledge, however, that I would have/see nothing against obtaining a pdf copy of the service manual from 'somewhere,' IF I already own the hard copy manual and Honda doesn't make a pdf available.

And just so we're all on the same page here: I obtained my hard copy of the FSM through my local Honda dealer.

so called copy rights of these workshop manuals is a load of bollocks if you ask me.
the whole design of the bike is Honda's.
just because some company done stripped of the bike and rebuilt giving instructions on how to etc doesn't give them the sole right in every aspect written in the manual.
Honda to has a workshop manual on this bike and many others but I don't see any lawsuit coming from Honda regarding this matter.
Haynes are bringing out a new manual next year so should be a lot cheaper.
what this forum need is a sticky on how to remove panels,service inc tappets adjustment etc and a wiring diagram ,mainly for add on's.
the majority of us don't need a full workshop manual..most stuff we wouldn't even consider doing like engine rebuild and not likely needed unless you've blown the engine.
there are scattered info on this forum by guys on here with out the need of the so called copyrights books.
so how about consolidating all the info onto a sticky in tech page.
this book should be sufficient for most folks.....

$(KGrHqNHJ!0FHTQ!-kdeBR2EvmBHNw~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-NC7...es_Manuals_Litterature_ET&hash=item3a893b7084

Last edited:
what this forum need is a sticky on how to remove panels,service inc tappets adjustment etc and a wiring diagram ,mainly for add on's.
the majority of us don't need a full workshop manual..most stuff we wouldn't even consider doing like engine rebuild and not likely needed unless you've blown the engine.
there are scattered info on this forum by guys on here with out the need of the so called copyrights books.
so how about consolidating all the info onto a sticky in tech page.
this book should be sufficient for most folks.....

I definitely agree that an FAQ or technical how-to page on the forum would be a wonderful thing. An inspiration would be the one on this Ninja 250 site, where the FAQ is easier to follow and is better illustrated than the Kawasaki factory manual. Ninja250 Howto - Ninja250Wiki.

There's one huge problem: it takes a lot of work to put that together. We would start by compiling service procedures and garage hints from existing posts on the forum. Volunteers?

Copyright of the manual has nothing to do with design of the bike or maintenance procedures. Anybody who wants to can create a manual. (I have the one John mentions (itself a copyrighted work, and quite rightly so), and share his opinion regarding it).

What copyright prohibits is blatantly copying/plagiarizing the contents and/or using the manual as the basis for creating your own (by doing minor word changes, etc, but it still being obviously a rip-off of that copyrighted source. The latter case is known as a "derivative work" and while you are free to create one, publishing one is a big no-no. "Publishing" has a very broad meaning....essentially any means of making something public, not necessarily involving printing.

My attitudes about copyright sort of shifted when I found a bunch of my own copyrighted material being blatantly ripped off and plastered on places like tumblr, people's blogs, and "all stuff like that there", as Fibber McGee would put it.

Making available online a copyrighted manual (or any other work) without the express permission of the owner is illegal. Even hosting a link to the material could be construed as publishing it, leaving the site owner liable to punishment. Contrary to what a lot of people think, tacking the copyright owner's name alongside the material or stating you don't own the copyright doesn't make it alright to post the material; it is still illegal. Doesn't matter if you stand to make any money off of it or not; it is still illegal. Adding "courtesy of xxxx" generally shows that the person has no clue that "courtesy of xxxx" means "xxxx" has given their express consent to use their copyrighted material when the context usually makes it blindingly obvious they would not.

The users of this forum are free to create whatever maintenance and repair guides they wish, using original works (text, photos, videos) and may choose to place it all in the public domain, freely available for anyone to do with as they please....including printing it or turning it into an ebook, selling it, and pocketing 100% of the money....even if they didn't do jacksquat to help produce it. Or the forum could copyright it.

Reading post above makes me think that even posting torque numbers could be a crime.boy oh boy..makes no sense

Reading post above makes me think that even posting torque numbers could be a crime.boy oh boy..makes no sense
My take, much ado about a subject we are not that informed about. Sounds like a bunch of malpractice lawyers talking about future space travel. A lot of opinions, but no definitive answers. I'm personally taking the path less traveled. I'll use the sources that are available for the information I need, when I need it. Period.
Just my opinion! Your results may vary!

so called copy rights of these workshop manuals is a load of bollocks

so called copyrights books.

I really am having difficulty seeing what the problem is here, with understanding :confused:

It's got absolutely nothing to do with "supposed" anythings. It's specifically to do with company/s exactly reproducing a HELM manual, and then selling it themselves, for less than half price, or scanning a HELM manual into a computer, and selling the PDF of it. Or a Haynes, or any other brand.

Would you be thrilled and perfectly understanding if someone bought one of your racks, copied it identically, then began selling johnakay rear racks for under half price, telling everybody they were made by johnakay?

I understand where your coming from LBS please don't take it personally.
((so if someone bought one of your racks, copied it identically))))
some have tried to copy my rails but not pass it off as mine that would cause problems.
those that did try didn't last long.
how ever some forum members have slagged my stuff on another forum big time even though they never purchase any.
went to see a lawyer etc to see where I stand and sent a written letter to the administrators and quickly got it wiped off the forum.
perhaps I should put my brain in gear 1st before posting.
as for starting a sticky..I dont think it would be a problem if you just put a sticky up with words servicing your NC...
then folks can add bits as they go along and should the administrators find it not suitable or misleading then remove as when and needed.

Slight confusion on copyright vs patent......

Johnakay if someone published your copyrighted drawing for your rack then you would have an action for copyright infringement. If they were copyrighted.

If some copied your patented rack and sold it you would have an action...........that would assume your rack is special in some way to get a patent in the first place. You and everyone else can build racks or seats or anything else sell them but you can only market them as yours and not another companies name. If someone copied your patented rack for their own use and did not sell it ......no harm. Givi can build racks and Corbin seats with out Honda's permission.

A whole another can of worms:
Designing, building and selling anything in including writing a shop manual comes with responsibility and risks...........for instant a rack........could cause injury in a accident....do you have product liability insurance??
The stock HONDA rack as instruction and warnings. The Honda manual has all sorts of warnings. This keeps all the lawyers busy for years to come. NOT saying any of this is right or wrong but it is the current system we work under.....but foreign countries like China seem to NOT follow any of these laws, rules or guidelines.

Last edited:
I definitely agree that an FAQ or technical how-to page on the forum would be a wonderful thing. An inspiration would be the one on this Ninja 250 site, where the FAQ is easier to follow and is better illustrated than the Kawasaki factory manual. Ninja250 Howto - Ninja250Wiki.

There's one huge problem: it takes a lot of work to put that together. We would start by compiling service procedures and garage hints from existing posts on the forum. Volunteers?

This is a great idea and the FJR forum also has two resources like this. One is called the "Bin O Facts" and has info on popular topics such as oil capacity, OEM and aftermarket oil filter part numbers, light bulb sizes, tire sizes etc. Then there is the FJR Tech site that has full write-ups on both standard maintenance procedures as well as aftermarket accessory installs and mods.

Agreed however that it takes a lot of work to not only establish it but keep it up to date. I know my workload would not allow me to do an adequate job but perhaps someone has the time, ability and inclination to tackle this? Maybe split up the responsibility among several people.

Has anyone ever looked through all the what did you do to your nc to find one mod?alot of info in there.I think this is why the search doesn't pull up things.yes it would be nice to have it broken down and in one spot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Back