• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Highway Peg Options

208rider

Reaction score
designbyparrish.com
I ordered some (allegedly) Kuryakyn highway pegs a few weeks ago, and the clamp snapped on me before it was even fully tightened on my crash bars. Needless to say, I returned them. They were really too large and heavy anyway, though. I also noticed that they appeared to be made of cheap pot metal.

What I would like are some (relatively compact) folding highway pegs that are machined rather than cast and which use a high-quality 1" clamp rather than a "universal" clamp with spacers to accommodate different size bars. I would like the pegs to "click" into place (folded or unfolded) rather than rely solely on friction to hold their position. I would like them to be black rather than chrome and to not have unnecessary arms or other appendages which increase their bulk and weight. My KIJIMA crash bars already protrude far enough from the bike.

Does such an item exist? If it does, I haven't found it yet.

crap_bars.jpg
Lovely, right?

There are counterfeit Kuryakyn pegs out there, for sure. I bought some and realized they were fake, and returned them. I think one give away is the finish. If they're flat black, they're fake. Kuryakyn's black is more like a gloss or semi gloss plating.

[HERE] is a link to what I used. When I bought them a couple years ago, they were $84. They're now up to $116, but they do the job nicely and clamp right to the frame. I'll look and see if I can find pictures of where I mounted them.

[HERE] is the link to the mounting photos.

Last edited:
...they do the job nicely and clamp right to the frame...

Because of where my KIJIMA crash bars are positioned, clamping to the frame is not an option. That's why I'm looking for a quality 1" clamp to attach to the bars. You can see the lower portion of the left bar in this photo of my skid plate.

skid_plate_1.jpg

Because of where my KIJIMA crash bars are positioned, clamping to the frame is not an option. That's why I'm looking for a quality 1" clamp to attach to the bars. You can see the lower portion of the left bar in this photo of my skid plate.

Look for the exact same item with a 1" clamp. I'm pretty sure they make one.

So if I go to Home Depot and say "I need spacers" they will know exactly what I need and in the right size?

I don't think you can get spacers for Kuryakyn clamps at Home Depot.
But you can use whatever you want as spacer, many options available. (Make 1/2" hole in quarter dollar coin - it would work.)

I would advice to use spacer provided with clamps by Kuryakyn.

View attachment 30564

I use MRW highway pegs from Twisted Throttle. About $120 and it does use a U bolt design to fit multiple bar sizes, but it is black, and does lock in the upwards position.

A190CC0A-B930-4952-BF39-993A23B35F57_zpsd4rdwfvp.jpg

024E1750-E845-4C48-A624-08B6E4DA3BCF_zpsnuq6lo1d.jpg

Kuryakyn Mini-Boards, you can find them on ebay and amazon, and just about anywhere else. the options are staggering with kuryakyn..

Kuryakyn Mini-Boards, you can find them on ebay and amazon, and just about anywhere else. the options are staggering with kuryakyn..
well...when you search for "Kuryakyn Mini-Boards" on Amazon you get at least 5 different items.
How did you know which ones fit the NC?
I do see that they each have a unique #. What # did you use?
(# stands for "number" not "hash tag" for all you millennials)

#7579 is mini-board # I bought (also bought 7578), but you will need the proper splined adaptor to fit the OEM footpeg bracket. To fit crashbar a whole bunch o'sh*t. Just get out the calipers, and do a bunch of research. Then spend money on spec...

went thru ebay and amazon purchase history, this is what I can give you:
crashbar mount for Puig 6387N and probably others: Kuryakyn 7985 Longhorn Offset Peg with 1" Clamp
what I used to mount rearward board to honda footpeg holder: Kuryakyn 8881 Male Mount Splined Peg Adapter (had to grind on it slightly to thin it, and add a threaded bolt hole in the honda bracket to act as a stop)

Back