• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Heresy

One thing to think about besides hight is can she reach the foot controls. My wife who is 5' 2" rides a rebel. She has sat on about all the short bikes including the 750 honda she can reach the ground just fine. But she can"t reach the shifter or the foot brake. So there is more thin just seat height to think about.

One thing to think about besides hight is can she reach the foot controls. My wife who is 5' 2" rides a rebel. She has sat on about all the short bikes including the 750 honda she can reach the ground just fine. But she can"t reach the shifter or the foot brake. So there is more thin just seat height to think about.

Hadn't thought of that.

I guess that's a plus for the scooter, since there are no foot controls (on most models).

Last edited:
I think we found something yesterday. Went to the Harley place and looked at the Street 500 and 700. These are basically standards. The foot pegs are mid position and the 60 degree engine keeps the saddle low. Heck, I might not even mind riding it.

Picture of the Harley.
1222151640_zpsuxw5byon.jpg

I actually rode one of the 500's on the last day of the training class that I took. I had expectations of not liking but...it rode really well, was super comfortable, smooth shifting, enough power...it has no frunk but I actually enjoyed it.

These are built in the US. I read where the 2016's have suspension and brake upgrades and improvement in build quality. While I'm not a Harley guy, it has been the best for for her. The engine is a 4 valve, water cooled unit. Also much less vibration than the usual Harley.

These are built in the US. I read where the 2016's have suspension and brake upgrades and improvement in build quality. While I'm not a Harley guy, it has been the best for for her. The engine is a 4 valve, water cooled unit. Also much less vibration than the usual Harley.

Just be aware that is "New Territory" for Harley and there will be some "Growing Pains" to be expected. The V-ROD was not openly accepted in the Harley ranks, I am not sure what to think about this myself.

This is the first Harley in years that you can stand on the pegs. That is one of my number one reqirements.

I believe the best used bike in this size and price range for a lady is the Yamaha Vstar 650. The ladies all love this bike. It has a shaft drive, not a belt as the Harley, so very little maintance. Low seat high. Lots of low milage used Vstars in the market place. It can be found in the custom and classic versions. The custom with leg forward riding position looks the best and that is the bike most folks buy. I sold a lot the these units, and can say honestly that the Classic is the better of the two bikes. Classic has upright ridding position with floor boards. You can stand up on the floor boards when riding on the Classic. Great touring bike, once you put a Mustang seat on it. Like all Hondas, factory seat sucks. Had customers drive this bike all over this country.

Last edited:
I would consider this a touring scooter. The Piaggio BV350

Clip"The BV 350 features a state-of-the-art, single cylinder 350cc engine. With the power of a 400cc and the compact dimensions and light weight of a 300cc, the BV 350 sets a new standard in the maxi-scooter segment, making it the most powerful scooter in its class. The BV 350 is complimented with Italian design and the highest attention to detail and finishing.

Video review: https://youtu.be/lDqjWJVAQqw

Good luck it would be great to ride as a family.

Back