• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Help for Chain lubing

Just ordered a Grease Ninja and the $3 Spray Tube Kit. Total was $19.65 shipped. Now what is everyone's opinion on the absolute best canned spray lubricant that I should use with this handy little gadget? Thanks

A little late, but I thought I would throw this out there since many are still trying to find a replacement for the DuPont lube after they changed the formula. But I picked this up at an Advance Auto Parts for $6 after using a coupon...pretty much identical to the original DuPont lube.

Buy Original Bike Spirits Chain Lube AJ036320 at Advance Auto Parts

Original Bike Spirits Chain Lube - webBikeWorld

Just ordered a Grease Ninja and the $3 Spray Tube Kit. Total was $19.65 shipped. Now what is everyone's opinion on the absolute best canned spray lubricant that I should use with this handy little gadget? Thanks

A little late, but I just picked up some new lube today. It is identical to the old DuPont wax lube...the stuff everyone tried to load up on after they made a change to their formula. I picked it up for $6 after coupon at an Advance Auto Parts. I know people were crazy about the old DuPont stuff, so I figured I would share.

A little late, but I thought I would throw this out there since many are still trying to find a replacement for the DuPont lube after they changed the formula. But I picked this up at an Advance Auto Parts for $6 after using a coupon...pretty much identical to the original DuPont lube.

That is a good find. Original Bike Spirits makes good products. I would trust it. They were the manufacturer of Honda Spray Cleaner for years before Honda went "green" with the formula and ruined it. Now the Original Bike Spirits product is the one to get and the Honda branded stuff is second rate.

Dupont use to make:

"Du Pont
Teflon
Multi-Use
Dry, Wax Lubricant"

in a blue can that could be found a Lowes.... then they changed the formula (actually, the container):

Look for:
"Du Pont
Teflon
Chain Saver
Wax-Based Chain Lube"

in a yellow can commonly found at wallyworld in the automotive department ( I know, I bought 3 cans!)

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE LABLE!!! you want the teflon wax based stuff, I think there is another flavor in a yellow can also

edit: well, heh, they might have changed the can again? look for pictures of motorcycles on the yellow can and teflon, wax, and moly in the ingredients... just like the "original" blue can ( I have that too)

Last edited:
Back