• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Helmets: what is your lid?

Here is what I use on the NC700X:

37.jpg

It's a Nolan N102. I went all out and got the J&M bluetooth module and headset too. Works great with a bluetooth connection to my Galaxy Player. Battery is supposed to last 30 hours between charges too. The top of the line J&M headsets are great quality. Kind of expensive though. I think this setup, helmet, bluetooth, and headset was around $700.

I have a Nolan N103 with a corded headset for use on the Goldwing. I likes my tunes. :D

WGW

I saw this HJC flip up helmet that was very roomy and comfortable. But now I have to come to terms with the fact that I have a size XXXL head. :sad:

Scorpion EXO-1100 in Flat black. I wish I wold have know it didn't fit in the non-tank....oh well.

Jakeisbill... I was deciding between the Triumph and NC too... I'm not disappointed with the NC.

jakeisbill, you are not alone buddy. I have tried about every helmet made and I can only wear 3X, some of those don't fit example my ICON Airframe Guardian in 3X squeezes the crap out of my head and my chin hits the chin-bar.You may need to consider a long oval shape helmet. Check Revzilla's website they have some great videos showing all the helmet fits and how they breakdown.

I have a Fulmer M2B, modular helmet, which is in the same price range as HJC. It has a flip down sunscreen which is great to have. I wear glasses and it fits good with them. It is a bit noisy. The sunscreen control is on the left side and I get a whistle from it at times. Helmet upgrade is on the list after jacket and pants.

Scorpion EXO-1100 in Flat black. I wish I wold have know it didn't fit in the non-tank....oh well.

I feel your pain. Came close with the exo-900 in an extra large. Its a snug fit in the storage locker, thankfully. Though, based on the comments/compliments I heard today, I shouldn't have to worry about mine going for walkies. My high-viz yellow is quite the attention getter.

That is an expensive helmet set.

You should try buying helmets in the UK. many are in the £500 -£700 range without any extras such as blue tooth. Of course their are cheaper ones like the Caeberg that I use on my commute but personally I wouldn't want to use that on longer rides from a comfort point of view. For longer rides I prefer Shoei AVV both of which I own and Arai which I have owned in the past

Thanks guys, I have been lurking around here for a few weeks reading about farkling from Beemer. That guy is awesome. I actually found this site by reading Lee's posts on ADV. This is a very very informative site. Kudos to you all.

On another note, this headset has been in my mind for a while. The IMC HS-530, I haven't seen any reviews online except for the sponsored ones, and also haven't seen any other competitor products. It seems like a potentially huge market that isn't tapped. Here is a vid of it. [video]http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CDcQtwIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8ry eqj4XI84&ei=F_hyUPOHPJPw8ATCzYDQCA&usg=AFQjCNETEJuynDleZYgP5N2kwgrPKmuCpw&sig2=U92FTtIDgHwc36QbClB0Kg[/video] Also, which type of iPhone mount would you guys recommend.

I've been riding with a hi-vis yellow Scorpion EXO-900 modular helmet. I like it, but twice now, the cable for the chin bar release has worn out and failed. Shut of course. It makes you wonder sometimes if you can get the helmet off...with your ears intact. ;) I'll say this for Scorpion though. The only questions they asked were when I bought it (no proof of purchase needed), and what was my address to send the new parts to.

In the meantime, I've been using a helmet I bought for one of my daughters about 5 years ago. It's an Icon Alliance, but not the current generation. I got it on closeout from NewEnoughLeathers for probably about $90. I'm surprised. I almost want to keep using it instead! It is quiet. So quiet, even without earplugs on the freeway, it was nice. Compared to the modular helmets I've had, it feels like there's nothing on my head when I turn to check the lane for a change. And there's no adverse aerodynamic effect when you turn the head sideways either.

In short, for $90, this old helmet is a delight!

Chris

I think on this bike you could get away with a storm trooper helmet, it kind of looks like something that would have been in the movie, silver and black just the right colors

Back