• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Helmets: what is your lid?

I have an XXL Shoei Multitec. It fits in the storage compartment. I'm thinking of switching to the newer Neotech at some point because the liner is replaceable. After a couple of years of use the Multitech has a bit of an odor to it. I've even tried submerging the helmet in a bucket full of water and shampoo and scrubbing which helps immensely but it never seems to get fully clean.

I just bought a Neotech to replace my 4-year old Multitech. I had read that the Neo was considerably quieter, wind-noise wise. But it's not. I even went home and changed into my Mutitech and took a ride to compare the noise. Virtually the same. I'm a little disappointed with the noise, but the built in sunscreen is quite handy.

Is there a market for used helmets? I'll eventually try to sell my Multitech. It's clean and not smelly.

I have noticed that no one has mentioned warranty yet. Helmets usually have a five year warranty, but most will not warranty after three years from date of manufacture.

tew47

I have noticed that no one has mentioned warranty yet. Helmets usually have a five year warranty, but most will not warranty after three years from date of manufacture.

tew47

What good is the warranty?
If something falls out or the visor cannot close, etc?

That is also why I often just go for a known brand. I love Shoei's....they are handmade and hand-checked.
I have not tried Schuberths yet, but I am sure they are well made.
For that non-branded one which I bought, it has 2 years warranty from Louis - Motorrad & Freizeit - Europas Nr.1 für Motorradbekleidung, Motorradhelme und Motorradzubehör. ....yeah.
:p

The first one I bought here was an Icon airframe, but the 3X still squeezed the crap out of my forehead and my chin hits the chin bar, then got a HJC CL-16 in 3X, I had to fill in the sides at the temples with some foam but at least it fits fore and aft. It was in the rubatone black, but I broke out my paint and some spare flat gears and BAM custom helmet for about $12 over the cost of the helmet.P6190527.jpgPA030122.jpgPA030123.jpg

I picked the copper metal flake because its reflective as all hell at night. Headlights from cars really make it shine, silver stripe to break the color line and match the bike. I guess those 2 years at art school didn't go completely to waste.

I've been using Arai helmets for the last 15 years or so. I'm quite happy with them, comfortable and good looking, in combination with a good protection. Although they are a little bit noisy. Therefor I went for the new Schuberth S2 lid that claims to be the quiet one. So, here it is, and yes, it is quiet! I got the matt white one but found out later that a graphical one that is more attractive is also available. To a higher price though...

To use the S2 is like having the born again experience each time you put it on! But once it is on your head it is comfortable and very quiet. I still use earplugs but that will make my gear-shifting a more uncontrolled happening as I cannot hear the engine the same way I'm used to do. Every coin has a backside :) I like the built-in extra sun-visor, but the price for an extra 50% fogged visor is about 130 USD and that is way to much for a piece of plastic in my mind.

04_glossy_black.png

I picked the copper metal flake because its reflective as all hell at night. Headlights from cars really make it shine, silver stripe to break the color line and match the bike. I guess those 2 years at art school didn't go completely to waste.

Wow! Very cool looking! I couldn't figure out wtf you meant at first with: "spare flat gears" until the pictures finalized in resolution. I am so used to hearing the horrible mangling of English by so many internet motorcyclists saying: "I had my gears on" or: "Make sure to wear all your gears" (ugh!) that I was taken by surprise at actually seeing real gears, lol.

I have an Icon Alliance SSR in flat black Rubatone, and a gloss white HJC CL-16 for my helmets at the moment. :D

You would be amazed at what you can stick to a helmet with double side carpet tape and still tacky paint, the biggest problem I had was matching the two sides with the same placement of the gears and one that were a close match in color and size. I've had several people that thought it was a factory helmet and wanted to know what it was called. It cracks me up every time, I tell them it's the"Testors special" (all the paint is Testors Model car paints that I use with an airbrush). You can modify your helmet and make it your own as long as you don't screw with the basic physical integrity of it.

Wow! Very cool looking! I couldn't figure out wtf you meant at first with: "spare flat gears" until the pictures finalized in resolution. I am so used to hearing the horrible mangling of English by so many internet motorcyclists saying: "I had my gears on" or: "Make sure to wear all your gears" (ugh!) that I was taken by surprise at actually seeing real gears, lol.

I have an Icon Alliance SSR in flat black Rubatone, and a gloss white HJC CL-16 for my helmets at the moment. :D

The term "motorcycle gear" meaning motorcycle clothing has been around in the UK since the early 60s and maybe before so it is accepted English here due to common use

Has anybody used anything like this? I recently turned into a headphone nerd, and was thinking about splicing these up with a nice set of small drivers. I have a new iPhone 5 and can use its GPS, music player (pandora anyone??). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Back