• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Helmets: what is your lid?

I recently took delivery of a scorpion exo-900 modular in high vis yellow. Had to pay $10 more for it, but I should have no problems being seen. I doubt i'll be switching out to the 3/4 face option. Photos may follow. I like that the size L fits quite comfily into my front storage area of the NC700...

I think that I Hi Viz helmets are a good idea. The helmet that I use for my commute is a Hi Viz yellow Caberg. The other day whilst riding my White Crossrunner and also wearing a Hi viz vest I came upon a que of stationary traffic. Strangely as I approached cars started to move over to the left to allow me to pass down the outside of the que. Maybe looking in their mirrors and seeing a white bike with headlight on and rider dressed in Hi Viz they thought it was police I don't know. Whatever the reason it showed that they had seen me which can only be a good thing

I currently have the use of 4 helmets each for a different use
My commuter helmet is caeberg
dcp_4227.jpg

My general purpose fullface is a Shoei XR
dcp_4226.jpg

My flipfront for touring is a Shoei multitec
dcp_4230.jpg

My favourite helmet which I keep for special days out and on holidays when I want a full face as opposed to flipfront is my AGV T-2 Agostini tribute. the man himself now wears exactly the same helmet when out riding
dcp_4231.jpg

dcp_4233.jpg

I also have a Shoei, I have had it for a few years now, and its never been in an accident, but I was considering an Arai

Hi James

Shoei is meant for "rounder" heads while Arai is more for "olive-shaped" heads.
That is my personal experience. Most importantly you need to try it on for size and fit.
:D
~Joe

I recently took delivery of a scorpion exo-900 modular in high vis yellow. Had to pay $10 more for it, but I should have no problems being seen. I doubt i'll be switching out to the 3/4 face option. Photos may follow. I like that the size L fits quite comfily into my front storage area of the NC700...

I've also got the EXO-900 and had been wondering if it would fit in the NC700X faux tank... thanks for answering my un-asked question! :)

I am using a Nolan N104 medium. It fits in the storage compartment...a little snug, I think the next size shell (XL and up) might not fit in the compartment.

Sprung for a Schuberth C3 and I am very pleased, had a few pressure points for the first 1000 miles, now fits like a glove, light and quiet.

Last edited:
Sprung for a Schuberth C3 and I am very pleased, had a few pressure points for the first 1000 miles, now fits like a glove, light and quiet.

I just picked this one up to. My EXO-900 just never fit right. Waiting for the C3 to break in. I sprung for the OEM bluetooth kit and love it. The EXO-900 with scala G4 mounted to the side would not fit in the helmet holder.

Back