• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello

D

danrev

I am new to the Forum (in fact to any Forum), and back to riding after a long 38 year hiatus. Saw a couple of posts from some 50 year olds congratulating one another about riding at that age. You 'young bucs' have many good years ahead of you. I'm starting up again at 64. Let's just say I'm going through a late life crisis. Completely missed the mid-life one. Bought a new NC in August (may have been the first one sold in Oregon). Even had some nice comments at a Harley shop! Had a little trouble getting my endorsement. Took the Oregon motorcycle class; big mistake. Practiced a bit on my NC and went to DMV to take the test (at my age in Oregon this is still allowed) and passed with flying colors. Still trying to get enough riding to make it to reach the break-in service. Rains in Oregon not helping much, but I get a few miles in each week. Now waiting for spring/summer to try out a longer ride. Having so much fun I wonder why I waited so long, but such are the vagaries of life.

Welcome,
Rain up here on the Olympic Peninsula also. Got a break yesterday for a day of sunshine and dry roads, so got in a bit of riding. Seems a lot of the riders these days are gray haired. I'm in the 60's also, but did not shake the addiction from my youth. Enjoy the new NC, I sure am.

Art

Welcome aboard!

Rocker66: Good luck getting through the floods. We'd welcome whatever of your rain you'd like to send. EVERY rain here causes flash floods; our soil just doesn't take water in very fast.

Spent Thanksgiving in Federal Way with family. Drove up Monday through worst rain storm in 40 years. Drove back to Portland Friday with heavy rain from Kelso on south. Got home to the Oregon coast today with sunny skies and chilly temps. Unpacked the car, hopped on the NC and rode around a bit. Fitting conclusion to a rainy week.

Dan

Back