• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from the San Francisco bay area!

Antarius

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to introduce myself real fast. I've been a lurker on here for a few months, but decided to register and finally be able to offer up any help I may or may not have on given issues.

Been riding for over a decade, have over 100000 miles under my belt on bikes ranging from Harley's, to Supermotos to Sportbikes to Dirtbikes, in activities ranging from commuting to trail riding to MX to road racing and track days.

After all that, I decided I needed a new commuter (to go 100 miles a day) and low and behold, the NC700x popped up! All in all I love this thing and am looking forward to putting nearly 25k miles a year on it, so we'll see how she lasts.

It's all stock except for some Acerbis hand guards and windscreen brackets that raise the stock screen up a few 3 inches or so. A Honda touring screen may be next, and a SEAT IS FOR SURE going to happen; Tired of the numb butt :).

As far as problems? None. My bike does that thrumming vibration thing at around 3k under load in 6th gear, but to me that's just the nature of a counter-balanced parallel twin. I've never had a twin that didn't vibrate a little bit under load. I commute at 65-70mph 50 miles each way, all freeway, and depending on wind (boy wind sure affects this thing!) I am getting between 57 and 70.8mpg (as my high). Average is right around 63.

Anyhow, just sayin' hi. Ride safe everyone!

Thanks! Looking forward to bringing a little somethin' to this board whenever I can. Considering I do all my own maintenance I'm sure some how-to's will be forth coming, especially since I put on about 2000 miles a month, lol!

I actually just moved to Richmond, but I still work in San Rafael.

Oh nice, I'm in Santa Rosa. We should do a Lucas Valley -> Hwy 1 -> Skaggs Springs Road loop one of these days.

Crazy weather the past few days huh?

I love LVR to Hwy 1. All of west Marin into Sonoma county is my favorite riding. Hence my username.

And yeah, the weather until to day was ridiculous for June. I tried not to take as a sign/omen considering I just bought the NC on Friday.

I can visit you, I sometimes travel to the Richmond bridge to do some work on the fastrak systems.

Ken

You might be uniquely qualified to suggest the best place to stick my Fastrak transponder that isn't too obvious but will still register.
Would inside the frunk work? Or is that too shielded?

You might be uniquely qualified to suggest the best place to stick my Fastrak transponder that isn't too obvious but will still register.
Would inside the frunk work? Or is that too shielded?

Its best to put inside your chest pocket if your on a motorcycle. Reason why, because it can fall off. Some one can easily steal it.
You can try the frunk, the system should be able to read transponder. If not, no worries because the lanes have Violation Enforcement Cameras (front and rear) that will snap your photo of what ever your driving. No matter what speed your traveling. We test that !
The images are scanned and also a live person looks at the license plate to see if you have a fastrak account. Your funds will be deducted appropriately.

Back