• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from the Netherlands

fransnc700s

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I would like to intruduce myself.
Just recently bought a NC700SA in the (nicest) silvergrey color.
I have added some things to it, like a Scottoiler, centre stand, xenon head light, engine guard, extra LED running lights, and a GIVI E46 topcase.
Since i did not drive many km's on it yet, i do not know the milage yet, first tank was 26 km to a litre of (the very expensive) fuel overhere, but that is not comparable i think.
What did happen is that the oil seal in the right front fork leg is leaking.
The dealer had never experienced this before with a Honda....
Hope this isnt a prelude to more problems, just bought my first new bike to avoid things like this.
I do like the concept however, this is just the bike for me, it saves my drivers licence also i think
Hope to get a lot of comfortable, fun and, most important, cheap km's out of this bike.

Hello,

I would like to intruduce myself.
Just recently bought a NC700SA in the (nicest) silvergrey color.
I have added some things to it, like a Scottoiler, centre stand, xenon head light, engine guard, extra LED running lights, and a GIVI E46 topcase.
Since i did not drive many km's on it yet, i do not know the milage yet, first tank was 26 km to a litre of (the very expensive) fuel overhere, but that is not comparable i think.
What did happen is that the oil seal in the right front fork leg is leaking.
The dealer had never experienced this before with a Honda....
Hope this isnt a prelude to more problems, just bought my first new bike to avoid things like this.
I do like the concept however, this is just the bike for me, it saves my drivers licence also i think
Hope to get a lot of comfortable, fun and, most important, cheap km's out of this bike.
4.jpg

Howdy for Texas. Have the dealer replace the seal as soon as possible, do not want to run low on fork oil. Welcome to the Adventure.

SmileyCowboy10GallonHat.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings from Lotus Land, and welcome to the forums. I have not experienced any problems with my NC700, and judging from the forum activity problems are few and far between. Hopefully your seal is a one off and everything is smooth sailing for you after that.

It's already there, some other things had to be done, and since this is my first new bike, i do not want to ruin it by doing things myself. (which I normally do) especially with the complicated tupperware on this bike.
So I am on holyday and my bike is taken care of (Ihope)

Welcome Frans

I think yours is the first I've heard of a fork seal problem, it doesn't seem to be a concern with lots of issues being reported. Hopefully it's just one of those things, and once taken care of, never troubles you again.

Welcome! I spent a short holiday in the Netherlands and still remember them running the pencil over the glass of beer before they served it. I'd love to go back to see more.

Welcome from Oregon. Hope you get everything fixed in good order.

I have added some things to it, like a Scottoiler....
Welcome from Arizona in the U S of A!

I took note of your addition of an oiler. There is another thread on this forum, started just a bit after your post, about adding a Tutoro oiler. Part of the discussion is: "The Scott Oiler has been the long term standard for automatic oiling, but requires wiring and will lose program if power disconnected to it." You'll have to take a look at that thread and then, once you have some miles -or should I say kms - on your bike give us a review of your experience with Scott.

It's already there, some other things had to be done, and since this is my first new bike, i do not want to ruin it by doing things myself. (which I normally do) especially with the complicated tupperware on this bike.
So I am on holyday and my bike is taken care of (Ihope)
7.jpg

Heck, it only took me a day to figure out that the Netherlands is Holland.

SmileyNetherlands.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from the "Land of Enchantment"--New Mexico. Sorry to hear about your fork issue. Generally they are excellent bikes. I love mine and am getting about 74 miles to the gallon (380 km per tankful). I like the well-balanced feel of the bike at low speeds too. Enjoy!

Back