• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from So Cal

paveguy

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been riding Harley's all my life and now I just purchased a 2014 NC700X. It was new at the dealer, 18 miles, and I think I got a killer deal. First impressions, lot lighter than my Harley, wind against my chest (not used to that) and boy is the stock seat uncomfortable.
I bought the bike on Sunday, have already ordered a new higher windshield and a Shad seat.
Since I am used to the Harley rumble, I will be looking to get a louder exhaust / slip on soon.
Also will be looking to do a 12V / USB outlet and looking for a mount for my IPhone 6S Plus.
Hoping to learn quite a few things from you all here.
Again thanks for letting me become a member of your community.

Welcome from the central valley. I think you'll like the IXIL slip-on exhaust. I have it on mine. Makes the bike sound more Harley-ish if that's even a word. Yes, this bike feels much lighter than Harleys and handles better too. I'm coming from having previously owned and ridden an '06 V-Rod.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Howdy from Texas!
I just installed the cig outlet and USB ports out of this set on Sat

Amazon.com: Astra Depot Triple Function Dual USB Charger + Voltmeter + 12V Outlet Socket Panel Jack Marine For Digital Devices Mobile Phone Tablet: Cell Phones & Accessories
Welcome Aboard. Where are you located in SoCal? I am in the San Fernando Valley.

There many options when looking for USB port, many of which can be found on Amazon, Here are a few examples.

I had to make the ground cables, the cables that come in the set were to short
Regarding a phone mount, I favor the Ram Mount X-Mount.

I have been riding Harley's all my life and now I just purchased a 2014 NC700X. It was new at the dealer, 18 miles, and I think I got a killer deal. First impressions, lot lighter than my Harley, wind against my chest (not used to that) and boy is the stock seat uncomfortable.
I bought the bike on Sunday, have already ordered a new higher windshield and a Shad seat.
Since I am used to the Harley rumble, I will be looking to get a louder exhaust / slip on soon.
Also will be looking to do a 12V / USB outlet and looking for a mount for my IPhone 6S Plus.
Hoping to learn quite a few things from you all here.
Again thanks for letting me become a member of your community.

Hello I'm from so cal also, I bought a NC700XD in September 2015 -

i love the bike but here are some tips after 5k miles;

buy a radiator guard asap more details here (http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-...-after-2-months-denied-extended-warrenty.html)

the madstad windshield is incredible, highly recommend

i'm also looking to install the cigarette lighter / exhaust and a mount would be cool too let me know if you're down to meet up I have a garage in rancho santa margarita I was able to install the windshield and a luggage set but I'd need a hand with the exhaust / cigarette lighter

Thanks for the warm welcome, learning quite a bit reading through the forum.
Windshield, I got the Puig 5992H Light Smoke Touring Screen, installing it tonight
Seat, got the Shad, anything has to be better than the stock one.
I did in fact order a radiator guard the one I got is AltRider N712-2-1102 Black Radiator Guard

Joecamel I am located in North Orange County, USB power source and exhaust will be next on my to do list when I get back from vacation after the 1st of July. If you can wait that long I would be more than happy to help you wrench the exhaust.

Welcome to the forum and Hondas.
Please leave the HD mantra and it's loudness behind and embrace a more polite way to ride.
If not, a pipe from the exhaust to helmet will allow you all the exhaust note you could wish and spare the rest of us.

P.S. Can you tell that I hate having to be assaulted by every HD that goes by?

Therapy,
Understand your concerns for the loudness, actually I want / need it to be louder for my safety.
Here in California we are allowed to split lanes in traffic and the only way some 4 wheelers know that you are around is by the sound.
Hope that makes sense.

Welcome to the forum. I just turned over 700 miles on my 700X this morning going over to the HD dealer for coffee. Yeah, still ride my Dyna too and don't mind the quiet exhaust of the Honda, though my HD is not loud. Did you purchase your new scoot at the dealer on Imperial? Ride safe and perhaps I'll see ya around the area here in NOC.

Paveguy,
Actually the argument for loud pipes being safer is a falicy propagated by those with loud pipes. People have tested the noise propagation and know where it goes.
My own personal "data" accumulated over many years and many hundreds of thousands of miles bears this out also.

I hope you enjoy your new Honda even though "they" won't hear you coming...or going.

Welcome from another Southern California resident. I have the Shad seat as well. Much more comfortable than the stock seat. I also did the seat tilt fix that is here in the forum somewhere. I don't work with metal too much but I was able to throw something together with some door stop bumpers some screws, zip ties and small metal angle edges. I'll take a picture someday and you'll laugh your *** off. Enjoy your new ride.

Back