• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello.....first post

Beachbum

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone, My old Beemer is at death's door with 110K and a noisy final drive so it is time for a new toy. I have looked very hard at the new Versys 650 LT but because of the complexity of valve adjustment (first you practically dis-assemble the bike and then its shim and bucket) I will go with the 700x. I see them each time I go to Deals Gap and the only complaints I hear is about the seat. This year I saw one with a Danmoto exhaust and it sounded great, just wonder if it will clear the Givi v35 bags? Anyway, the purchase is several weeks away, the money god must speak, and I'll look forward to seeing you on the road.

The Givi's do fit. I have the Shad SH-36's. I really like them. A quick search should bring up my thread on them.

welcome BeachBum!
I think you'll enjoy the NC. It's a great "rolleur" as Fench cyclists would say. It does many things well. Low RPM, easy to work on.
What sorts of rides do you plan to use it for?

hello BeachBum!
I found cycle shorts the winter answer to a 'numb bum' and by the time summer comes I hope I've saved enough for a different solution. I look forward to swapping newbie 700 stories :)

welcome BeachBum!
I think you'll enjoy the NC. It's a great "rolleur" as Fench cyclists would say. It does many things well. Low RPM, easy to work on.
What sorts of rides do you plan to use it for?

Thanks for the welcome! As far as my rides go, lots of eastern NC rides 250 to 450 mile day trips and a couple mountain trips each year. It is 45 miles to get off the island so 90 miles of each trip is repetitive, makes me seek new roads. Until the Beemer died my annual mileage varied from 14k to 25k, depending on weather. One north-easter can cut the road out here for several weeks.

The Givi's do fit. I have the Shad SH-36's. I really like them. A quick search should bring up my thread on them.
Hi itlives. I was wondering if the Danmoto exhaust would clear the v35 since the pictures I saw showed them turned upward. Not sure I really want the exhaust, just thinking out loud......

Back