• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Have you ever fainted or gone into shock over minor happenings?

L.B.S.

Fixed Idea
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I hear this knocking on the downstairs door to our office a few minutes ago, so I go down to see what's up.

Next door Electrical contractor neighbour (Industrial complex) asks for a bandaid. One of his guys cut his hand with a knife, no big deal, but then he turned his back and the guy does a header right into the concrete floor, out cold! He fainted!

He drags him next door to our shop, get the guy to sit down, and I get him some water. His boss is on the phone to call an ambulance, and the dude sitting down, has his body go limp, buckle, and faceplants again onto the floor from the chair! :confused:

WTF, I've had bigger paper cuts, so it wasn't blood loss or anything. Guy is young, healthy looking and in shape. Was perfectly coherent and not at all acting strange. Eyes looked ok, no slurred speech, was joking and thinking the same thing-WTF? I've never fainted before, I...*plop*

It's weird seeing someone with their eyes wide open 2ft away from you, and "there's nobody home" so to speak.

Now he has a goose egg and friction burns on his forehead, and a tiny little cut on his hand, lol.

So, my NCX peeps, how did *your* last 15 minutes go? :rolleyes:

I've fainted from dehydration (I assume) before... standing there nothing happened to me at all, no cut on my hand, nothing... all the sudden everything fades to black, and I'm getting up off the ground. I had a vague sense that something was wrong before I fell, but I couldn't do anything about it.

witnesses told me later that I wasn't gone for long... basically hit the ground and then stood back up... I had a seat and some water and was fine, but taking a vacation from reality like that is a weird experience... coming out of it was like waking up in the morning, with no real recollection of how long you've been sleeping.

I have been known to go into shock from minor blood loss but never passed out although I did get woozy. I'm not talking about little cuts but rather injuries that required stitches. Even though it did not seem to effect me on a conscious level (i.e. kept it together enough to wrap a towel around it and walk into the house to ask my wife for a ride to the hospital...again) I could feel things starting to get dark. A little deep breathing always seemed to stave off the actual passing out. It's happened about three times in my life.

Last time it happened I was working on the table saw, with a dado blade and the piece of wood caught the blade and flipped my fingers around on top of it. They remained attached but needed some stitching work. All better now except for some battle scars. I will never forget, as my kids were very young at the time...when we got into her car on the way to the hospital one of the kid's CD's was playing "Where is Thumbkin?". Ironic. ;)

My wife is a nurse. Standard procedure is to get someone sitting down or even lying down to prevent this. Had a guy in sawmill get a splinter in his hand. Went to first aid room and was sitting in a chair. First responder went to pull the splinter and before even touching it the guy fainted and falling over split his head open on a table next to chair. Of course my wife will tell you this is a much bigger problems with males than females.

That guy needs to get to a hospital and get a MRI done of his head. Blood clots in the brain produce that symptom sometimes.

I did puke once, lol.

I've had lots of really good, gory, blood spewing and nasty compound fracture breakages in my life, but never passed out, or fainted, or went into shock. (I'm not counting being actually knocked out cold in an accident) My trademark is usually comforting everyone else around me while I'm sitting there all mangled, lol.

But one time, I was loading some luggage on my DR350 for a trip, when I pulled too aggressively on the tie down strap, and *tip* over the bike went, onto the top of my left foot with the metal footpeg. Broke my foot, but it was "clean" and not at all anything to be concerned about. Next thing I know, I'm queasy feeling, and then being sick! It was very strange.

Several months earlier in the year I had crushed my right ankle (in a 3rd gear wheelie gone wrong, lol) and continued my ride for the rest of the day before going to the hospital.

I ever did find out why that one pukage happened versus all the other spectacular binnings and nothing. I dare say I wouldn't want that to happen in front of anyone. I would be mortified :eek:

I did puke once, lol.

But one time, I was loading some luggage on my DR350 for a trip, when I pulled too aggressively on the tie down strap, and *tip* over the bike went, onto the top of my left foot with the metal footpeg. Broke my foot, but it was "clean" and not at all anything to be concerned about. Next thing I know, I'm queasy feeling, and then being sick! It was very strange.

You didn’t get sick because of the foot. You got sick because of the bike falling over.

I got in the way of a happy buck while jogging my horse back to his yard after letting him mow the walkway one day (that whole sentence is a prime example of becoming complacent with a half ton animal). Back hoof caught me right in the hip. I didn't quite faint, but had to sit down and wait for my husband to wonder where I was. He got me inside and onto the couch before the shaking started. I was fine once the adrenaline wore off, just sore for a few days.
Also nearly fainted several years ago when I walked out to the field to find my horse's whole front splashed with blood (and plenty on one of his buddies). He'd managed to pierce his lip (don't ask, I have no idea...he's talented this way) and then dripped all over everywhere. Someone else's animals? No problem. Got to scrub my share of gaping holes when I was in school. My babies - not so much.

I fainted twice one night, but it was caused by medication. I went to the kitchen for a drink of water before going to bed. I placed the glass under the faucet then woke up on the floor, water still running. I almost went down again in the hallway but caught myself. In the bathroom I thought I had better sit down just in case. You guessed it. I took a header of the toilet. Woke up on the floor before I even knew it happened. I decided to crawl the rest of the way to bed lol.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I have a horse story.
My then girlfriend, then wife, later ex-wife and I had a friend Cornelius whose grandfather had horses and invited us to go riding. On a side note Cornelius told us we were the first white people on his grandfather’s farm. My GF had grown up with horses so she was excited. I on the other hand had only ridden at Disney world and the ponies at the fair but I had watched every western there was with my dad and was young so I fearlessly jumped at the chance. Upon arriving to the farm we spent an hour trying to get the horses up to the barn only to have his grandfather get home from church, whistle and the horses came to the barn. Being that I was the least experienced the grandfather saddled me up a small gentle mare while Cornelius and the GF got nice strong stallions that were “too much” for me to handle. I’m 6’1 so my feet are hanging half way to the ground on the small mare. We start out o a trail through the woods and then get on a dirt road, get up to a trot and I’m bouncing all over the place. GF is instructing me that I’m not going with the horse’s rhythm and I’m telling her the horse has no rhythm. We swap horse only for her to declare the horse has no rhythm and we swap back. She was only 5’2 so she couldn’t reach my stirrups and I looked like a race jockey on her horse with my chin resting on my knees. My horse also had another issue. Once off the trail in the woods the horse had a perpetual left hand turn. Going down the road she would slowly go to the left and then try to climb the hill on the side of the road. In an open field she would just make a big circle. Try to correct her and she would just stop. With that in mind we went back to the trails. One of the trails opened onto a field so Cornelius and GF take off into a gallop. I kick my horse up into a slow gallop and am bouncing all around. Switching to more of a GF’s perspective in the story……riding across the field all the sudden she hears OHHHHHHH SH$$$$$$$$$$$$$T!!!!!!!! She quickly turns around, with Cornelius right behind her, and they ride back to find me on the ground with one leg in the stirrup on the horse’s back, the other leg in the stirrup under the horse’s belly and the horse’s neck craned back because I still have the rains pulled back. I tell her I almost got the da%n thing stopped. Thankfully nothing was broken or trampled so we fixed the saddle, grandfather hadn’t gotten it on tight enough, and we rode a little more. BTW the short time I was on the stallion we got along just fine.

Back