• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Handlebar Risers

An economical riser, if you have an old top clamp lying around just turn it upsidedown under the handlebar, buy 4 longer bolts and use original clamp on top. you may need to use a few washers or a 1/4" spacer on bottom of donor clamps so they fit flat against the riser that is molded onto the top fork clamp. I did this on a ZRX once, worked great and was almost invisible.

This will yeild about an inch +- 1/8".

Last edited:
Absolutelly agree, I have done it to several bikes. It works and it's cheaper than some expensive risers

An economical riser, if you have an old top clamp lying around just turn it upsidedown under the handlebar, buy 4 longer bolts and use original clamp on top. you may need to use a few washers or a 1/4" spacer on bottom of donor clamps so they fit flat against the riser that is molded onto the top fork clamp. I did this on a ZRX once, worked great and was almost invisible.

This will yeild about an inch +- 1/8".

Fascinating! I would have never thought of doing such a thing! Learn something every day. :D

I have 2 inch ROX risers installed on my NCX. I have not had any problems with binding. I have also installed 1 3/8 lowering links and raised the forks 3/4 inch, I'm 5'7'' and now I am much more comfortable on my bike.

RNBOB, did you have to replace or move any hoses or cables to accommodate the risers?

Back