• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Handlebar Risers

I think any normal ones should fit? No? Are they specific to the bike? Maybe you can try some Motorcross handlebar makers? Pictures please... :p

Happy you may be right, but the first ones I looked at seemed to be bike specific. I have to take her in for the 600 mile service this weekend so i'll ask the service guys then.

Riffraft, look at this:

IMAG0139.jpg

They are not only handlebar raisers for 28 mm bars, but also adapters from 22 mm to 28 mm bars. Although they are from my old Yami XT350, they are not specific but generic. What I want to show to you is that the part that attaches to the yokes is not fixed to a specific distance between bolts (the bolts in black in my picture), but has a tolerance of about 5 - 10 mm, so it can serve different bikes.

HTH

I was thinking of trying some generic Rox pivoting risers such as these:

Pivoting Risers 2"x7/8"x7/8" Black Anodized (1R-P2SS) | Rox Speed FX

But I think my body is finally getting used to the seating position.

I don't know if they will work on the 700x or not either, but they have a nice feature with allowing both rise and rear adjustment. You can go to [+Add a motorcycle] on this site and plug in NC700x and your physical dimensions, then with [customize] you can see the effect of both adjustments (as well as several more)...

Motorcycle Ergonomics

I don't know if they will work on the 700x or not either, but they have a nice feature with allowing both rise and rear adjustment. You can go to [+Add a motorcycle] on this site and plug in NC700x and your physical dimensions, then with [customize] you can see the effect of both adjustments (as well as several more)...

Motorcycle Ergonomics

Be cautious, it could be you have issues with the length of cables and hoses...

There is a very short hose length from the reservoir to the first connecting joint. Those of us who would like to "raise the bar" and maybe drop it back a bit, are going to be very indebted to the person who comes up with a solution to this problem.
These are standard bars, and most any bar riser will fit (the proper Rox Risers would be ideal). But it's all academic if we can't find a way to lengthen the necessary hoses and cables.

There is a very short hose length from the reservoir to the first connecting joint. Those of us who would like to "raise the bar" and maybe drop it back a bit, are going to be very indebted to the person who comes up with a solution to this problem.
These are standard bars, and most any bar riser will fit (the proper Rox Risers would be ideal). But it's all academic if we can't find a way to lengthen the necessary hoses and cables.

Custom Lines

Well for now I've given up on Installing risers. If the existing cables weren't short enough when the dealer installed the cable for the heated grips they left no slack what-so-ever. It's kind of a bummer I would've really liked to rise them up a couple of inches, but I'm learning to remember to pinch the fake gas tank with my legs to keep myself from putting to much wait on the handlebars when slowing down. The squeezing the tank is new to me since my other 2 bikes (Piaggio MP3 and a Goldwing) don't need it.

Any thoughts on this yet? I purchased the Rox risers but haven't tried to install them yet....probably jumped the gun a bit, but I'd like to raise my handlebars if possible.

I'm actually looking for a 2' riser. If it isn't available I may have to make it in my shop.

Hope you mean two inches and not two feet. Regarding hoses, I am putting an ABS front caliper on my non-ABS bike and I bought some custom brake hoses for it. They are not that expensive. The "normal" short-cut fix for short wires and cables is to move them to behind the forks. It is not an elegant solution. You'll need to make sure that you don't bind tehm at full lock. Longer hoses, cables and wires is the correct fix. My 2" Rox Risers are coupled with a Renthal bar that is shorter than the original, so the lengths still work. My goals were more adjustability, a little more width, less sweep, and a 1-1/8" aluminum bar - not increased height.

Last edited:
I have 2 inch ROX risers installed on my NCX. I have not had any problems with binding. I have also installed 1 3/8 lowering links and raised the forks 3/4 inch, I'm 5'7'' and now I am much more comfortable on my bike.

I have those exact same Rox 2" risers on my BMW F800 ST. (except in natural aluminum finish. They're awesome!

Everyone said (well all the dealers, lol) "Can't be done. All the cables and brake lines won't reach."

Of course tons of people including me put them on just fine, with no problems. Some guys put on even taller risers easily. Just needed some judicious cable re-routing, that's all.

I'm hoping I can swap them over from my beemer to the NC soon, heh heh.

I have 2 inch ROX risers installed on my NCX. I have not had any problems with binding. I have also installed 1 3/8 lowering links

Good to hear, thanks! :)

Brand of lowering links? Did you have to shorten sidestand for trustworthy stability?

They are KoubaLink model NC700-2. They look well made and are very easy to install. You should raise the forks no more than 3/4 inch per KoubaLink. I found them at KoubaLink .com.
I have not shortened the kickstand, so I am carefull where I park it.
The risers are Rox 2inch in plain natural finish. I have used the same one on my last 3 bikes. 650 Vstrom, 650 Burgman and now my NCX.

Good to hear, thanks! :)

Brand of lowering links? Did you have to shorten sidestand for trustworthy stability?

I have some lowering links that I am probably not going to use if you are interested. They are only 15mm reduction instead of the 35mm that RNBob has.

Back