• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2012 NC700x Clip-on possibilities

abeds

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering if there is any possibility for the handlebars to be switched to clip-ons on a 2012 NC700x. Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

I can only think of the theory. Clip ons attach to the fork tubes. This would require longer fork tubes. Then you would need to fiddle with the suspension spacers to work with the longer tubes. You would then move your controls to the clip ons. I am no expert but I think the real question is what are you hoping to gain?

I can only think of the theory. Clip ons attach to the fork tubes. This would require longer fork tubes. Then you would need to fiddle with the suspension spacers to work with the longer tubes. You would then move your controls to the clip ons. I am no expert but I think the real question is what are you hoping to gain?
Thank you for the logical input! and to answer your question, I'm thinking of possibly tracking the bike in the foreseeable future:)

Thank you for the logical input! and to answer your question, I'm thinking of possibly tracking the bike in the foreseeable future:)
There was a rider on the forum, TacomaJD I think, that did a lot of track days on his NC. You may be able to find some of his old threads. I have only personally done cone track days. I think if I were going to do track days the suspension would be a higher priority than clip ons. I'm thinking that you would get more return on investment from that. Some would say get a different bike but then we don't all have unlimited space or budgets. I'm a one bike person and this does what I need for my level and desires. My skills could improve a lot more before I reached the limits of this machine. Good luck with the track.

There was a rider on the forum, TacomaJD I think, that did a lot of track days on his NC. You may be able to find some of his old threads. I have only personally done cone track days. I think if I were going to do track days the suspension would be a higher priority than clip ons. I'm thinking that you would get more return on investment from that. Some would say get a different bike but then we don't all have unlimited space or budgets. I'm a one bike person and this does what I need for my level and desires. My skills could improve a lot more before I reached the limits of this machine. Good luck with the track.
Oh yeah I was down the rabbit hole of the stuff he's done and have seen a lot of the track-related setups. Crazy talented dude! Thank you for all the infos!

First off, don't let my post stop you from trying, something may work better than I can anticipate!
IMO you can't lower the bars from stock, they will hit the frunk plastics. Same with clubman style, they will be farther forward and hit the headlight shroud plastics.

Clip-ons may work if they are straighter than the stock bars, so that they don't sweep back so much toward the frunk.

One (great) option is just to slide the trees down the fork tubes enough for clip-ons to fit. Maybe 2", then you're not adding extra parts like fork extenders, which you could do also. I have done this conversion on another bike and it worked great, plus you decrease the rake and trail slightly allowing for more nimble steering.

Google other bikes with 41mm clip-ons, it should be a pretty standard size, and pick up a used set from ebay to give it a shot!

First off, don't let my post stop you from trying, something may work better than I can anticipate!
IMO you can't lower the bars from stock, they will hit the frunk plastics. Same with clubman style, they will be farther forward and hit the headlight shroud plastics.

Clip-ons may work if they are straighter than the stock bars, so that they don't sweep back so much toward the frunk.

One (great) option is just to slide the trees down the fork tubes enough for clip-ons to fit. Maybe 2", then you're not adding extra parts like fork extenders, which you could do also. I have done this conversion on another bike and it worked great, plus you decrease the rake and trail slightly allowing for more nimble steering.

Google other bikes with 41mm clip-ons, it should be a pretty standard size, and pick up a used set from ebay to give it a shot!
this caught my interest! Thank you sm

Back