• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hand guards

Twisted Throttle states NC kit works is the VPS and you can sub in Storm guards for extra protection???????

Barkbusters VPS Handguard (Honda NC700X '12-) - TwistedThrottle.com

I would think adding another $5 for Black or $50 for Chrome is not a sub.

According to Barkbuster

VPS plastics include Variable Height Wind Deflector for extra protection from the elements.
S3 Storm plastics are larger than the VPS and wrap around the hand further to offer greater protection from the elements. The aerodynamic design directs wind and rain away from the hands to help keep them warm in cold conditions.

I believe if you pick the Storm, they will not ship you the VPS. My guess.

Last edited:
I would think adding another $5 for Black or $50 for Chrome is not a sub.

According to Barkbuster

I believe if you pick the Storm, they will not ship you the VPS. My guess.

That's the way I read it.......pick Storm and you do not get VPS.
Appears the twisted Throttle is the only US Barkbuster dealer?

Chrome on the NC is not even a remote consideration.........thats for hand guards on your cruiser;)

Last edited:
Just ordered the Polisports for my DCT based on those photos. They look great. How difficult was installation?
Hi!
There is more information about several ways of installing these (as you might have found out in the meantime) at the location those images were embedded from through user Whiteyes. That location BTW is my webpage.

I tried to introduce my NC project (and myself) yesterday in the newbie section, since I am quite ambitious about this ride, but the post did not appear due to the rigid antispam policy at this forum I guess (no clue). Sorry for this, but unlike a bot I would not repeat things over and over again. So, saying hi to everybody.

Phil

View attachment 2294View attachment 2295
ACERBIS Dual Road Hand Guards with leds so good really bright

Can you let us know the info on these? I went to the Acerbis site and didn't see a specific fit for any Honda. Are they only attached on the bar ends? How do the LEDs work, on battery? These look fantastic. But I'm not very mechanical. Just wondering how these get put on and such. Thanks!

What is the part numbers for the POLISPORT SM LINE like your with mounting brackets?
I guess I must not post URLs to prevent getting trapped once more, so I am sorry for not being able to point to the items for your reference.
You need the hand guard kit (no.8302500001 at the shop I got it from) and the universal mounting kit for 22mm handlebar (no 8302600003).
Now, these numbers are unlikely to help you out. The shop i am referring to (motocross-shop at my TLD) can be viewed in english language, just in case. Good luck.
To fit the SM Line you need to fine tune a bit. This requires fiddling with several items at once until the optimum position is found. However, to me these hand guards are the perfect tradeoff between cheap price and well designed/functionally perfect. And they will fit the DCT version as well, without any issues.

And hey, turbodiesel and L.B.S., thanks a lot. No beer icon here, but happy to join in, anyways.

I guess I must not post URLs to prevent getting trapped once more, so I am sorry for not being able to point to the items for your reference.
You need the hand guard kit (no.8302500001 at the shop I got it from) and the universal mounting kit for 22mm handlebar (no 8302600003).
Now, these numbers are unlikely to help you out. The shop i am referring to (motocross-shop at my TLD) can be viewed in english language, just in case. Good luck.
To fit the SM Line you need to fine tune a bit. This requires fiddling with several items at once until the optimum position is found. However, to me these hand guards are the perfect tradeoff between cheap price and well designed/functionally perfect. And they will fit the DCT version as well, without any issues.

And hey, turbodiesel and L.B.S., thanks a lot. No beer icon here, but happy to join in, anyways.

Looking forward to lots more posts from you, welcome aboard! :)

I installed the PowerMadd setup. I've been very pleased with the results. Good coverage, clearance and works with the XD.
IMG_20130121_205512.jpg

The upper plates are interchangeable with two sizes or an open option.
IMG_20130106_212835.jpg

They clear the OEM windshield stop to stop.
PowerMadd-OEM-Shield-Clearance.jpg

If you want just something to knock the wind off your hands, Honda make a brush guard for the 650 duel purpose bike the will fit the NC. They only come in white but you can get some plastic paint for any color. And they are only $50 for both.

Last edited:
No I don't have the parts number yet. I will have to wait and couple weeks for payday. They mountd on the pivot bolt on the clutch and brak levers. They are white and can be taken off or put on easy, just one bolt.

If you want just omething to knock the wind off your hands, Honda make a bruch guard for the 650 duel purpose bike the will fit the NC. They only come in white but you can get some plastic paint for any color. And they are only $50 for both.

Do you have a part number for the 650 guards?

They look like the ones in this video Honda NX 650 Dominator - YouTube. Only they were white.

The Honda hand guards could work but most likely they not "bolt right on". The are available in white and red, black and blue are very rare in the US, The Dominator is the NX650 in the states and did not come with hand guards........so there will be no part number in the US.

My 1989 Transalp has the stock white guards but would not be a good fit with out modification. On the clutch side the Transalp has a choke lever making the guard bolt on area much larger and thicker. The brake side the master cylinder design is very different, again making the fit very poor. The hardware is a small problem but never the less would have to be changed, The pivot bolts on models with stock hand guards are drilled and tapped to receive the guard hold down screws. The bolts are special shouldered and the holes in the guards are bushed with special spacer washers.

On the bright side there should be all sorts of used ones around because many are replaced with stronger full protection guards. But finding a clean used set might be a problem. New they are about $50-$60 as mentioned prior.

There most likely a dozen or more variations of these stock guards, I would not buy a sight unseen without knowing exactly how they are going to fit. Having the donor bike right there would be the only way to know for sure.

Maybe the best chance for a Honda stock fit is the 500x accessory guards when they come out???????? that is a BIG maybe too...........

Last edited:
Back