• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

H4 3800 Lumen LED - No Go

Draco, did you mess around with any of the spacers with the cyclops bulb? Curious if that beam dropoff to the right can be corrected with spacers.

Brillot, can you attest to the reliability of your recommended bulb?

I installed a unit into my bike over a year ago. The bike has ridden almost everyday for most of that time. I never had an issue with this unit or any others like it that I have used to this date. This unit at this point has been very reliable and has not shown any signs of degradation or malfunctions.

The hard fact these days is that over 90% of consumer electronics that we use today are manufactured in China. Some of these items are of good quality, while others not so much.

In this particular instance, only time and extended use will tell the story. In the meantime, I would say that there has not been any negative indicators leading me to distrust or discard these units that I use widely.

Wow, I wish the inside of my garage was more than 20' long. Mine is 20' door to back wall. I would have to take out the back wall and extend the garage another 6' to get the front of my bike 20' away from the backside of the door.
[emoji1] I totally scored on the garage. It's almost long enough for 2 cars, but it is perfect for 1 car, the NC, and plenty of workspace.
Draco, did you mess around with any of the spacers with the cyclops bulb? Curious if that beam dropoff to the right can be corrected with spacers.
I didn't get any spacers. I will recheck the box and contact Cyclops if needed.

I went on a short test ride tonight. I actually did 2: one with the filter, and one without. In the NC reflector, the light with the filter is just too dim. It's OK on the high beam, but not the low. The unfiltered bulb is much better. I don't think low beam is significantly brighter than stock. The high beam is way better than stock. The light isn't too blue in my opinion, and I wasn't flashed at all during either ride.

The biggest benefit will be the decreased power draw. Eventually, I'll get some aux lights to really brighten up the road.

Would you recommend just buying the auxiliary lights from the get go?

I went on a short test ride tonight. I actually did 2: one with the filter, and one without. In the NC reflector, the light with the filter is just too dim. It's OK on the high beam, but not the low. The unfiltered bulb is much better. I don't think low beam is significantly brighter than stock. The high beam is way better than stock. The light isn't too blue in my opinion, and I wasn't flashed at all during either ride.

The biggest benefit will be the decreased power draw. Eventually, I'll get some aux lights to really brighten up the road.

I wasn't flashed at all during either ride.

This means that you have to adjust your headlight aim, the beam in Low Beam is too high...

Typically after installing any LED Conversion into a headlight will require adjustment.

NC700X_HeadlightAdjustment1.jpg

Right of handlebars the adjustment screw can be located looking down.

NC700X_HeadlightAdjustment2.jpg

Looking up from the bottom side.

I recommend using a Phillips screwdriver directly on the head of the screw, not using the cog setup as described in the Shop Manual.

This means that you have to adjust your headlight aim, the beam in Low Beam is too high...

Typically after installing any LED Conversion into a headlight will require adjustment.

View attachment 27766

Right of handlebars the adjustment screw can be located looking down.

View attachment 27767

Looking up from the bottom side.

I recommend using a Phillips screwdriver directly on the head of the screw, not using the cog setup as described in the Shop Manual.
I was not flashed at all. The cutoff is almost exactly where the stock cutoff was (see pics of garage door)
Would you recommend just buying the auxiliary lights from the get go?
If you would like to save a few watts on the electrical system, then yes. It will probably add a little visibility to other drivers because of the color temperature difference. Less likely to blend with car lights in the background, although more and more cars are equipped with cool-colored LEDs and HIDs so...

I just installed the LED headlight from my old bike last night, I like the color a lot better as it now matches my aux lights. I got mine from tripage LED out of florida, I think it's the "FZ 07" bulb on his site, which is the same as the NC700. $50 price point is great, and I didn't have to cut the boot.

No, these do not have a cooling fan, just the heat-sink.

I'd be more concerned with the light spread and pattern when used the NC700X's headlight reflector. My experience tells me that configurations such as these are not that effective.

I stand by my recommendations with the configuration shown below. The light spread and pattern are optimal.

fj-cruiser-h4-9003-led-headlight-bulbs-07-2014-4.gif

Attachments

• H4LEDBeamPattern2.jpg
    H4LEDBeamPattern2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 187
Back