• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Beamtech LED Headlight Swap Questions

fleetingyouth

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I finally got around to swapping the headlight for an LED one. I went with the Beamtech that several other forum members recommended. I installed it like Muffintop described in this thread.

1. Disconnect the cable connector.
2. Remove the rubber dust protection cover
3. Release the pin holding the bulb in place, and remove the bulb.
4. Beamtech LED has an aluminium base that looks like a heat sink and a small cable with the H4 connector.
5. This (3 pin) H4 connector is a tight fit into the dust protection cover. Insert the H4 connector through the rubber dust protection cover first.
6. With the rubber dust protection cover dangling from the LED bulb, squeeze the pin that secures the bulb on the bike, between the aluminium base/heat sink and the LED
7. Stick the pin back into place and secure the dust protection cover.

My question is with the heatsink just up against the rubber boot is it still water-sealed? I ride in heavy rain sometimes.
I was able to get the heat sink on the outside of the boot but then I couldnt get the metal clip back on with my big hands so I went with the above install.
Also should I put the connector in one of those electric water sleaves like the accessory harness? or do you think its fine

PXL_20210620_210701988.jpg

For what it's worth, I just installed this Auxito H4 off of Amazon into my 2013 NC700X - was plug & play, obviously significantly brighter. have had no issues in 100-miles.
I like the simplicity of that LED headlight. However, the negative reviews bother me some. What is the claimed lumens light output of the Auxito unit? Do you think it is actually brighter than the stock bulb?

Last edited:
LED light emitters fitted into reflectors designed for 9003 halogen bulbs are definitely brighter white but as far as actually working with the stock reflector to project light where a rider needs it to see at night the results where not an upgrade for me. After LEDs I went back to halogens in three different bikes including the NC700X. I do ride at night a significant amount of time and did not see better with LEDs installed in place of stock halogen bulbs. The LED headlighting is brighter but not focused in the pattern designed into the headlight(s). The area in front and close to the bike is is much more visible but each bike had a huge dull spot in projected light further down the road. On all of these bikes I installed LED conspicuity lighting to improve my visual image to other motorists so the headlight doesn't need to fulfill that role, it's role is to help me see at night.

LED light emitters fitted into reflectors designed for 9003 halogen bulbs are definitely brighter white but as far as actually working with the stock reflector to project light where a rider needs it to see at night the results where not an upgrade for me. After LEDs I went back to halogens in three different bikes including the NC700X. I do ride at night a significant amount of time and did not see better with LEDs installed in place of stock halogen bulbs. The LED headlighting is brighter but not focused in the pattern designed into the headlight(s). The area in front and close to the bike is is much more visible but each bike had a huge dull spot in projected light further down the road. On all of these bikes I installed LED conspicuity lighting to improve my visual image to other motorists so the headlight doesn't need to fulfill that role, it's role is to help me see at night.
While I have tried only one LED headlight replacement, I’m not at all surprised by your conclusion that a halogen incandescent bulb works best with the headlight housing reflector that was designed for it, and the LED not so well. I agree. I run a halogen headlight bulb in the NC, with LED lights added elsewhere up front to be more visible to other drivers.

I always fear that an LED replacement will fail on a long trip (and they do fail). If I’m running an incandescent headlight bulb it’s easy to carry a spare or buy one along the way.

Last edited:
670cc,,,,I have the same LED light which MogonC posted in my NC700x....Dont know if you noticed it while we were at Iron Horse back in May....I have had it installed for about 2 years now...During the day, it is whiter (when I get off the bike to open my shed door, I have to remember not to look at the bike when walking back to it)...The only time I ride in the dark is riding into work in the mornings...It doesnt throw light farther down the road (about the same distance) but the width is a little wider than the stock bulbs....I dont ride like a Banshee in the dark, and I am able to see down the road and sides of the road (for animals) within the breaking distance of the bike if emergency stop is needed. I like it 1. White light, 2..just plug and play-no cutting boot, wires running out of boot 3. doesnt run any hotter than the stock halogen bulb (got a laser light temp reader-about the same temp (within a degree or two of each other) on the back of the connector/boot/anywhere I could take an accurate reading... and heck, they really are not that expensive, so riders could try it and if dont like it, go back to halogen and keep the LED as an emergency back up light (when the Halogen blows)....

Back