• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Greetings from Southern Missouri

Blackhawkgeo

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is George and I just traded in my 2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 for an NC700XD. I couldn't be happier! The 14 was a great bike (It had 59,500 miles on it when I traded it in), but I needed something that was lighter and after test riding the clutch model and the dual clutch, I decided on the NC700XD. A bit about me: I'm in my early fifties, retired, and I'm currently a full time college student. I commute about 90 miles, 5 days a week, with an occasional weekend ride thrown in. I've been riding for over 30 years, so the dual clutch took some getting used to (I'm still reaching for the clutch handle!), but now that I have a few miles on it, I keep thinking "why didn't I do this sooner?" I have been lurking on this site for a few weeks and have gotten a lot of good info, so I figured that I should introduce myself. Thanks!

Welcome from the State of Washington. Lots of good stuff on this Forum. Enjoy your new Honda, really an enjoyable mount. Ride safe!

Welcome from Kansas City. I have owned by bike for about a month now. Excited that spring has finally arrived!

Thanks for the welcome. I should be able to make it to the get together. I live less than an hour from the Hub. Looking forward to it!

Hi George. Similar story. I recently moved from an FJR to the NC (stayed with a manual). I'm really liking (actually looking forward to) a lighter bike for my daily commute (and moving around the garage).

I'll be 55 this May with no plan to retire soon and go back to school. I have six children ... three in college ... one still in diapers. :-O

Good to have you here on the forum. I'm hoping to be up at the Hangout, so maybe we can visit there.

Jim

Hi George. Similar story. I recently moved from an FJR to the NC (stayed with a manual). I'm really liking (actually looking forward to) a lighter bike for my daily commute (and moving around the garage).

I'll be 55 this May with no plan to retire soon and go back to school. I have six children ... three in college ... one still in diapers. :-O

Good to have you here on the forum. I'm hoping to be up at the Hangout, so maybe we can visit there.

Jim

55 and one on diapers? No retirement for you before you're 80. My youngest is 35 so retirement is getting close. Much more fun when it is the grandchild in diapers and I can play with them and someone else changes them.

Welcome George.

Thanks again everyone for the welcome. I really liked my C-14, but the more I ride the NC, the more I realize just how much fun this bike is. Looking forward to meeting some of you at the Hangout.

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on the new bike. Looks like there are a lot of potential riding partners in your neck of the woods.

My name is George and I just traded in my 2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 for an NC700XD. I couldn't be happier! The 14 was a great bike (It had 59,500 miles on it when I traded it in), but I needed something that was lighter and after test riding the clutch model and the dual clutch, I decided on the NC700XD. A bit about me: I'm in my early fifties, retired, and I'm currently a full time college student. I commute about 90 miles, 5 days a week, with an occasional weekend ride thrown in. I've been riding for over 30 years, so the dual clutch took some getting used to (I'm still reaching for the clutch handle!), but now that I have a few miles on it, I keep thinking "why didn't I do this sooner?" I have been lurking on this site for a few weeks and have gotten a lot of good info, so I figured that I should introduce myself. Thanks!
Welcome to the group! I be in your area(Joplin) the first week of June meeting up with other NC'ers heading to The Grand Canyon.

Sweet! This looks to be a big gathering.
Hope the weather cooperates. I'll be there even it's wet.
I HAVE to getaway before the Grand Canyon getaway!

Back