• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Greetings from Buffalo New York, USA

BuffaloBill

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All! New to the forum... Very excited about the NC700X arriving in the US, hopefully in July 2012.

I have owned many bikes throughout the years. Currently have a 2005 Harley Davidson Road King Classic and a 2011 Honda CBR 600RR.

I ride with my wife, also with my 22 year old son. My son loves the Honda CBR 600RR. Me, not so much, it’s painful to ride after 15 minutes! Not comfortable at all for me, but I have always loved the feel of a sport bike; quiet, smooth, powerful, twisty turn fun.

After the NC700X announcement, I have been doing allot of research: every review, every Google image, every YouTube video etc. I can’t wait to test ride it!

OK, so while I’m a Harley guy, I have always loved Honda bikes since the 1974 Honda CB750. I’m a weekend cruiser with the need for a little speed, comfort & fun! I’m looking for a 2nd bike to have weekend riding fun on. I'm 52 years old... I don’t need allot of speed, but enough to have some fun on the country roads!

So I'm excited that it appears that the NC700X may be a perfect fit for me! HOWEVER, I am a little concerned about the New Concept 700X adapted Jazz engine and its overall performance, gear ratio & speed.

NC700X Owners: I need your help!

What’s the real world 700X like? Is it Fast enough, Fun enough for you? Do you get the sense that you could outgrow this bike in less than two years?

How many seconds can you get to 0 to 60 MPH? Are you concerned or nervous about passing a car at 65 MPH?

Can you confidently get to 80 MPH with ease or do you feel like you are pushing the engine beyond what it is designed to do?

Thanks for your honest feedback.

Last edited:
Hi B Bill
Welcome to the forum.

I have just ridden the Crossrunner, while sending my NCX to her first service.
Why I love the NCX?
1. It is light
2. It is very flickable (mountain roads are made for her)
3. It is very cheap (8000chf here)
4. It takes less than 4L/100km
5. It has 62Nm, more than some other 700cc or even 750cc bikes. It is like riding a diesel torquey vehicle (torque is on from 2500 to 5500rpm)
6. Yes it can reach 80mph easily
7. I do not try to pass any car, but it can easily pass a car at 65mph
8. It is a fun bike, not the quickest, but it brings a smile to me everytime

Hope this helps.

Hi BuffaloBill Wheter or not you would grow out of the NC depends on what you want from your bike. It sits on the motorway at 80-85 MPH with no problem although I'm not sure about this if riding 2 up. It certainly will not be as comfortable as your Road King or as sporty as your CBR. It certainly needs a different mind set when riding as it is not all about revs. Not sure that I would want it as my only bike but for my 67 mile round trip to work it is just fine

Thanks for the info Rocker66. Very good to know that the NC can ride comfortably on the motorway at 80 - 85 MPH. I would not ride two up on the NC, would ride the Harley at that time.

So you own both, the NC as the commuter and the CR as your weekend fun bike? Nice!

I wish Honda would sell the CR in the US. I would have one by now. The current Honda sport touring models are a bit too large and bulky for me. The CBR 600 is really for my son. It's way too aggressive, race riding position for me. I’m a casual weekend rider looking for a sport, adventure, touring type bike to have some fun on without it being as slow as a scooter!

I can understand your comments on having a different mind set for the NC being that it's not about the revs (which I would ride the CBR for if it were that important to me).

Still looking at other models, but would like to stay with Honda. I have first dibs on the first NC at my dealer in July. So I'll have to test ride it to know if the NC can be that fun weekend bike for me. I'm hopeful!

Thanks for feedback. The info is great!

I envy you your Road King as I would love one but they are far too expensive in the UK. If you are going to use it solo and you have fun roads and not just those long straight American highways that we see in the movies then the NC may well suit you. However I would take a good test ride before commiting myself. It's a pity that the CR is not available in the USA as I'm sure that it would suit your needs. How do you feel about the Crosstour if it comes to your side of the pond? I went to test ride it but found it far too tall so I didn't get to ride it.
BTW I have just reread my post and noticed that I missed typed my commute mileage which should have read 76 miles

The Deauville is a good touring bike with good weather protection and a comfortable seat and riding position. If you want another Honda with a sensible riding position, but with a bit more 'Umph' - the CBF1000 is great - I am still enjoying mine after three years, and hope I can continue riding it for a few more years before I lose the confidence to wheel it about, when I will get a NC700S - probably when I am nearer 80 which isn't too far away!:confused:

Thanks Rev Ken. Yes, in fact I have considered the Deauville, is sold as the NT700V in the US. I actually came very close to buying it but decided against it as it somewhat larger than I wanted as I have a Harley Road King Classic as my touring bike. Like the Crossrunner, Honda, in there infinite wisdom, does not sell the CBF1000 here in the States. Both of those bikes I would jump at if I had the opportunity. WOW! My hat is off to you sir, riding at 75+. Much respect!

Last edited:
How do you feel about the Crosstour if it comes to your side of the pond? I went to test ride it but found it far too tall so I didn't get to ride it.

I would definitely consider it. Very nice style and specs. Although you're right, probably also a little tall for my 5'7" height and 28" in seam. Not sure what Honda is thinking about the US market by not offering the CR, CBF or the CT in the States. Count your bike blessings! :)

Hi BuffaloBill
Welcome to the forum, hope to hear you get the bike soon! You might have come across some of the videos we posted to youtube.
We still battle with the sound from the camera, looks like a GoPro is the answer, just expensive here in the south!
Keep well!

Hi BuffaloBill and welcome to the NC700 forum.. Seems you're off to a good start. I'm awaiting the arrival of my machine. It will be my first full-time unit, sight unseen. Inteesying times ahead. Good luck to you...

Hey Buffalobill,
If you got any questions about the NC just call I got mine last Friday. Have about 300 miles on it from last weekend.

954-681-6671 I am in south Florida, same time zone. Anytime before 10 pm.

Back