• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi handguards installed!

I do like these Givi handguards and they have a nice look too but I'm a little concerned about the security, durability, and safety of these handguards over the Barkbusters. Nothing against Givi, I love the windshield, crash bars, and all sorts of stuff they also make. Anyways, the Givi does not have a "backbone" like the Barkbusters do, right? The only reason I ask is because one, the pictures I see don't show it having one I don't believe, and two, I would like to do some "gnarlier off-road riding" than most will not try on the NC (Like actually "bustin' bark" off trees more than likely even though I mostly try not to hit them the best I can). I might be wrong and the Givi might work just fine but I feel like that metal bar should offer better protection to all the important stuff near my hands (and also including my hands I should add lol) that I wouldn't want tore up when I do inevitably drop it many many times, that I am certain of hahaha :)

I was just looking at these handguards last night. They're on sale for $82.68 at at MotoStorm.it, but I'm not sure they'll offer enough protection. Without a backbone I question whether they'll protect my hands and/or levers in the event of an oopsie daisy. If all I needed was for something to block wind/rain, I'd jump all over these. They do look better than most handguards.

I was just looking at these handguards last night. They're on sale for $82.68 at at MotoStorm.it, but I'm not sure they'll offer enough protection. Without a backbone I question whether they'll protect my hands and/or levers in the event of an oopsie daisy. If all I needed was for something to block wind/rain, I'd jump all over these. They do look better than most handguards.

These won't protect your hands/levers. They are wind protection only.

Primum non Nocere

These won't protect your hands/levers. They are wind protection only.

jggassert...ok...probably a stupid question...my husband very kindly got these guards on my bike (after I very unsuccessfully attempted to) and, once installed, I've tried shifting them slightly up and also down to see where the best position would be to keep the wind off. Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like there's a fine line...too high and I feel it on my fingertips; too low & the backs of my hands feel it. Was it trial & error for you, too?

Back