• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New to me ‘12 NC700X

While attempting to install my brand new chineseum bar risers (ya, ya, I knew better) I discovered that my bars are Renthal. I'm pretty sure that's not OEM. :)

Anyhoo, the cheap chineseum risers looked OK, but the threaded holes only have threads about 1/2 way down the hole, and the hole isn't exactly drilled deep enough anyway. So, lesson learned again: don't trust cheap chinese junk. Oh well, whaddya expect for $15?

On the plus side: nice ride today, and the weather looks good for the same tomorrow.

Now that I’ve got 500 or so miles, I feel I can give a good first impression on my bike:
1. first gear is taller than I’d like.
2. Even with 1” up and back bar risers, standing for any length of time is not practical.
3. I’m going to need to spend more money on crash bars and skid plate because,
4. This bike is awesome! I am absolutely tickled pink with how it does for MY style of riding. I considered a weeStrom, KLR and DR. Of all of them, this one fits my needs the absolute best.
5. I might also add cartridge emulators to the forks, but that’s low on the priority list.

Looks like Jonakay’s rear rack & backrest. it is. lol
nice bike same colour as mine was. mine was a dct model. never ridden a geared NC bike.
good reliable bikes.never had a problem with mine.had it 4 years and only changed the tyres. chain lasted due to chain oiler.
I would expect you'd be changing gears a lot sooner than std bikes.
heres some pictures of my old bike.

Attachments

• DSC02270_zpsjj0zwzho.jpg
    DSC02270_zpsjj0zwzho.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC02689_zpse7096f87.jpg
    DSC02689_zpse7096f87.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC03186.JPG
    DSC03186.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Back