• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi engine bars

I put my Givi engine bars on tonight with the longer bolts. I am quite satisfied with the Givi product and the installation. I started on the right side, because, if you remember, I planned to re-use the top right bolt on the top left.This picture shows the stock lower right bolt peeking through on the inside (barely) before we start...
DSC00459.jpg
Here is the comparison of the new bolt with the Givi bracket compared to the old bolt without. We have sufficient thread to proceed...
DSC00463.jpg
Then we torque it to 54 N-m (40 ft.-lb.)...
DSC00466.jpg
And here we see the new bolt happily peeking out the back with threads to spare after the Givi mount is installed...
DSC00465.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the top right compare of the original bolt to the new bolt with the Givi bracket...
DSC00463.jpg
Here is the finished right side...
DSC00467.jpg

The upper left with the upper right bolt was too long to the start of threads - 8mm vs. 7mm needed...
DSC00468.jpg
So we added a washer as a spacer (even though it was a washer head bolt)...
DSC00469.jpg

The lower left was too long (50mm vs. 47mm) even with a washer...
DSC00470.jpg
A second washer made everything happy...
DSC00472.jpg

Now all four engine mounting bolts protrude through the threaded bosses with the Givi guards attached.

I like that front fender extension and this bike needs it in the worst way. I can see the stock fender allowing a lot of spray to hit the radiator.

I think I found it on Ebay, would this be it? HONDA NC700S / NC700X PYRAMID FENDA EXTENDA 2012 > ON | eBay

It has to come from the UK. Says it comes with self tapping screws. I would rather use automotive two sided tape if possible.

It comes with both self-tapping screws and two-sided tape. I have never trusted only the tape and I don't like the idea of self-tapping screws in plastic because of a plastic characteristic called "creep" that will cause the screws to eventually either give up or crack the plastic. I used the two-sided tape to position the fender extension, but then drilled two holes through both the fender and the extension and put stainless screws with locknuts on them. I used a couple of black cover-ups on the exterior to dress up the visible bolt heads.

DSC00434.jpgDSC00436.jpg

Yes the official Honda publication

I see in the manual cover of your picture it is for the NC700X/XD model, no mention to the NC700XA (ABS). Please, would you be so gentle to check in your owner manual if there is a specific part number (different than 61MGS00) for the ABS model?

In my spanish owner's manual there is no mention nor reference to any service manual, I think it's the same issue for UK owners

It comes with both self-tapping screws and two-sided tape. I have never trusted only the tape and I don't like the idea of self-tapping screws in plastic because of a plastic characteristic called "creep" that will cause the screws to eventually either give up or crack the plastic. I used the two-sided tape to position the fender extension, but then drilled two holes through both the fender and the extension and put stainless screws with locknuts on them. I used a couple of black cover-ups on the exterior to dress up the visible bolt heads.

I have this fender extension. FYI, I fitted it with epoxy glue and a couple of rivets.

I see in the manual cover of your picture it is for the NC700X/XD model, no mention to the NC700XA (ABS). Please, would you be so gentle to check in your owner manual if there is a specific part number (different than 61MGS00) for the ABS model?

In my spanish owner's manual there is no mention nor reference to any service manual, I think it's the same issue for UK owners

It does indeed cover the ABS system. In the US, we do not have the XA model, but all DCT models have combined ABS and the system is well covered.

Last edited:
Our owner's manual shows the same part number for the service manual as yours. As fot the service manual it covers both 6 speed and DCT models. It covers ABS as well. Those of us without ABS and without DCT simply ignore those chapters

If you look at the pictures posted by Rocker66 you will see he has also fitted both the foot and leg wind deflectors

I like the mods Rocker66 has done already! I've been watching all the mods people are doing and saving money for the said mods!

They don't interfere with the engine bars, but you would want to give consideration to whether you plan to install a protective bash plate when they become available as they would very likely interfere.

LOL! Even a spanish speaking guy understood the joke

Last edited:
Went over my head like a speeding rocket.

In the UK during the 60s there was a great rivalrt between the leather jacket wearing motorcycle riding Rockers and the Parka wearing lambretta or vespa riding Mods. Check out the movie Quadrophenia
ROCKERS2.jpg

mods.jpg

Please forgive me for using the word mods then Rocker! I'm lazy, especially when I had a few beers, I understand why Rockers would find that insulting now.
I still plan on using a lot of your ideas even though I was a Mod back in the 60s, lol and I came back to recruit you!
You will assimilate! You are getting sleepy and when you awake you will be mine! You will be happy to join the the mods, now called the Dorks.
Only now we wear underwear stretched over our heads. It is a great privilege to have the underwear pulled over you head and join our group!

Hey guys I have just woken up in a cold sweat. I had this nightmare that some guy was trying to convince me to be a Mod. I had to tell him that I would become an Arsenal* fan before I would become a Mod :D
* My football team's arch rivals

Back