• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Garmin ZUMO 590 users here?

NCer

Reaction score
Visit site
I finally broke down and, for the lack of the smart phone GPS software where you don't have to preload the maps, purchased the ZUMO 590. Talk about expensive..... Phew...

Well, it seems like a solid unit (though quite thick and heavy). Comes with a bunch of things including the motorcycle mounting wires, that include the USB port (mine does not work for some reason....).

But here is my question to those who use it:

Lets say you set it up for "Curvy roads" mode, go to the Trip Planner app. enter your start and stop points and press "GO". It comes up with the route and you can save it. All is well so far.
I can see the route under "Trip Planner" and it opens fine.
I was trying to open that route via "Tyre", which is a great software for GPSs.
The problem is - that curvy route is not in the GPX directory of the unit..... So, I can't see it anywhere other than on the GPS itself.
I don't see it thru the Explorer either... I copied a few old GPX files into the ZUMOs GPX directory and they show fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

P.S. I do not have the micro card installed yet, but I don't think it shouild matter...???

Last edited:
Lets say you set it up for "Curvy roads" mode, go to the Trip Planner app. enter your start and stop points and press "GO". It comes up with the route and you can save it. All is well so far.
I can see the route under "Trip Planner" and it opens fine.
I'm not exactly sure what your question is...You create a route on the GPS using "curvy roads" using a specific start and end point and creates the route and saves it, right?

Then, you try to for some reason to open it with a program named "Tyre" and you can't see it? Other than on the GPS itself?? So what <exactly> is the issue?? Isn't seeing the curvy route on the GPS the whole point ??

Is BaseCamp involved at any point in this entire process?

Use the garmin software basecamp? It will work with that.

Or use a gpx converter program to turn it into a file that your software will read.

OK, let me try opening it it thru Base Camp and then export as .GPX.

Weird!!! Base Camp sees it, but Explorer does not when looking into the GPX directory on ZUMO.... I am puzzled as to WHY...

Last edited:
Back