• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Future Newbie

Shiner

Reaction score
Visit site
New 2018 NC750X is being shipped and is supposed to arrive by 2-14. After back and knee surgery this vintage rider is finding it harder to lift the Valkyrie off the side stand. Selling my 2002 Yamaha TW200 to make room in the garage, gave up off roading anyway. Cannot wait to ride the NC! Forum is great too!

Welcome! I hope the NC works out well for you. Report back when she arrives.

New 2018 NC750X is being shipped and is supposed to arrive by 2-14. After back and knee surgery this vintage rider is finding it harder to lift the Valkyrie off the side stand. Selling my 2002 Yamaha TW200 to make room in the garage, gave up off roading anyway. Cannot wait to ride the NC! Forum is great too!
Congratulations, I bet it looks like mine. I am not to far from you in north central Wisconsin.

Attachments

• 2018NC750x.jpg
    2018NC750x.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 12
Welcome! I just bought my 2018 two weeks ago. Rode it for 2 miles to circulate the gas with Stabil, pulled the battery, and locked it in the shed. Waiting on registration/title, and warmer weather. I was actually looking at a Valkyrie last year, but decided a lighter bike was better for my mostly commuting needs. Here's to hoping the 2018 is the fantastic bike we all need, and the dream bike we all want!

Welcome Shiner ! I owned 3 Valkyrie's over the years and they are hard to beat for a smooth, comfortable ride. But, as you well know, it's a heavy bike. I went with the NC also. I think you will be well satisfied. Just dont expect 100 ft lbs of torque ! Lol.

Thanks! I would miss the Valk a lot if I sold it but I have to move it to get the boat out of the garage. I rarely use all 100 lbs of torque anymore anyway. Lol

Yeah, I didnt use the torque either ! I think you will find the NC as a kind of a jack of all trades type bike. It does a lot of things pretty well. And, there are lots of guys here with experience to help if you have questions.

20210131_233127.jpg

Welcome! I just bought my 2018 two weeks ago. Rode it for 2 miles to circulate the gas with Stabil, pulled the battery, and locked it in the shed. Waiting on registration/title, and warmer weather. I was actually looking at a Valkyrie last year, but decided a lighter bike was better for my mostly commuting needs. Here's to hoping the 2018 is the fantastic bike we all need, and the dream bike we all want!
I will probably be doing something similar unless we see some serious melting around her before 2-14. If the roads are half ways clean and the temps above 40 I'll take her for a ride!

Well, The new girl is home and she's a beauty! Warmed her up and fed her some Seafoam. Ordered her a Madstad, radiator grill and some grip puppies for Valentines. Can't wait to take her for a ride. -23 here this am so it may be a while.

Well, The new girl is home and she's a beauty! Warmed her up and fed her some Seafoam. Ordered her a Madstad, radiator grill and some grip puppies for Valentines. Can't wait to take her for a ride. -23 here this am so it may be a while.
Yikes! My nose wants to fall off just thinking about -23. I lived a year in Minneapolis, and that was enough for me. Its a balmy 15f here, still no riding. My short 2 mile ride convinced me the grip puppies were necessary. Also got the Oxford heated grips, so I should have some significant real estate to sink my grip into.

The stock grips on the NC750 are just too small! Grip puppies are necessary if you ask me. I would like a bit more than the pupppies provide, but the improvement over stock is vast.

The stock grips on the NC750 are just too small! Grip puppies are necessary if you ask me. I would like a bit more than the pupppies provide, but the improvement over stock is vast.
This is a personal thing, of course. For me, I have switched to Oxford heated grips, which are slightly bigger than stock. I wear size large or sometimes XL gloves, but grip puppies make the grips way too big for me. Again, personal preference

I am used to the stock grips on the Valkrie which are considerably larger and fit me well. I haven't received the Grip puppies yet but I'm hoping that they come close to the Valk in size.

I am going to ask $1200 firm when it warms up outside, she’s pretty cherry.
I don't know what it is about Utah, but people seem to think TWs are made of gold and spit $100 bills out the exhaust. There is a 2002 listed on my local classifieds for $3500. Total of 9 listed and the cheapest is a 99 for $2800 and it looks pretty beat. I have always wanted one, Maybe I should come to MN to look ;)

More on topic, I bought a super low mileage 2019 NC750X yesterday and will ride it home on Monday. Very excited!

Back