• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Frunk rubber joint

Canuck

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm currently having issues with the frunk rubber joint on my Nc750x. Some part of it has come loose and even though I went to the dealer to have it glued back, it just won't stick. I even tried to glue it myself with crazy glue, and it didn't work. :confused: Are some of you who own either the 700 or 750 version of the NC having that problem? The good part is that my bike is still under warranty until next may.

The more I ride this bike, the more I notice it seems to be made of really cheap parts. It gets me quite mad cause I love it a lot, but I wonder just how long the original plastics and rubbers are going to last until they break on me...

My 2014 CBR500R was better quality.

I've not had a problem yet but just 15,000 miles. 29,000 miles on the 2012 with no problem. If it's still under warranty on yours have the dealer take care of it.

Looking at mine tonight - is the gasket glued in place or is it secured by fitting part of it into a tight groove in the frunk lid?

Looking at mine tonight - is the gasket glued in place or is it secured by fitting part of it into a tight groove in the frunk lid?

It's secured by being fit into a groove in the lid. As said above, it came loose at the bottom. I'll see if the dealer has better luck on its 2nd attempt at repairing it...

If you are going to try and glue it again, try roughing up the plastic and the rubber gasket with a piece of sandpaper first. Gluing a perfectly smooth surface to a perfectly smooth surface doesn't work very well. The glue needs the tiny little scratches to grab on to.

That's just it. The seal is not glued in place, it's an interference fit in a groove. Gluing it is not a very good way to repair it, it needs to be replaced in the groove. If you don't want the dealer to fix it then remove the frunk lid and with a small flat tipped tool, (screwdriver, tongue depresser, butter knife, etc.) reinsert the seal in the groove. If the seal is torn and won't stay in place it's an $8.00 part to replace. I can't see how the the seal comes out in the first place in normal use.

If the seal is torn and won't stay in place it's an $8.00 part to replace. I can't see how the the seal comes out in the first place in normal use.

Update : I have ordered a new gasket. Cost? 55$CAN (free of charge since its still under warranty). If that part is 8$ in the US, we Canadians are getting shafted... :-(

Update : I have ordered a new gasket. Cost? 55$CAN (free of charge since its still under warranty). If that part is 8$ in the US, we Canadians are getting shafted... :-(

I had the same issue discussing the shop manual with a local dealer at $200+

OP:
Mine was doing the same thing...would constantly pop out of the groove it was supposed to be seated in. I finally fixed it!

I stopped putting my size L Schuberth C3 Pro helmet in the funk and in over a year, not a single issue. Turns out the gasket would rub against the helmet while closing, pulling it from the groove.

OP:
Mine was doing the same thing...would constantly pop out of the groove it was supposed to be seated in. I finally fixed it!

I stopped putting my size L Schuberth C3 Pro helmet in the funk and in over a year, not a single issue. Turns out the gasket would rub against the helmet while closing, pulling it from the groove.

My 2016 does that against a medium Shoei Neotec. It rubs just the wrong way on the helmets top vent slider. I glued it in there and will just scrape it out if I ever have to replace the seal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's just it. The seal is not glued in place, it's an interference fit in a groove. Gluing it is not a very good way to repair it, it needs to be replaced in the groove. If you don't want the dealer to fix it then remove the frunk lid and with a small flat tipped tool, (screwdriver, tongue depresser, butter knife, etc.) reinsert the seal in the groove. If the seal is torn and won't stay in place it's an $8.00 part to replace. I can't see how the the seal comes out in the first place in normal use.

well it does Dave. My previous two NC's both had a problem with this but my latest 2016 bike has not so far, so maybe Honda fixed it. In any case on my last one I fixed it with ShoeGoo which is amazing stuff and has fixed a pair of leaking goretex TCX boots as well as various other items round the house.
Mike

well it does Dave. My previous two NC's both had a problem with this but my latest 2016 bike has not so far, so maybe Honda fixed it. In any case on my last one I fixed it with ShoeGoo which is amazing stuff and has fixed a pair of leaking goretex TCX boots as well as various other items round the house.
Mike

Frunk is slightly bigger on the 2016, that maybe why, although I think it's the new lid that does it.

The rubber on mine hits the helmet at just the wrong angle to pry it out of the channel if it isn't glued in.

Back