• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front or Rear Off road

well, as you said - good for you and good luck with that bold rear tyre in mud.

Do you not like answers or opinions that differ from yours?

All this is pretty irrelevant to me anyway, as I have no intention of riding with a street tire on one wheel and a dirt tire on the other, front or rear, so however much our personal tastes run, it's not going to matter.

I do know that I won't be trading in my rear TKC 80 knobby rear tire for a PR4 any time soon, lol

I guess we don't understand each other, we're talking here not just offroad, gravel etc but sand and mud...
With street tyre in rear you won't go very far if at all so whatever you have on front doesn't really matter...
Don't tell me you ride mud downhill...because I have never seen any mud downhill yet LOL (must be something to do with gravity and water :)

p.s.
Why avoid mud and sand? in fact there the most entertaining environment for me play with, at least for me.

I agree with you when it comes to deep sand. That being said a NC is not going to do well in deep sand with any tire unless it,s taller and you can really get the back tire turning lots of RPM. I raced hare scrambles and motorcross years ago and understand very well about various terrains. In mud I have had and seen many people wash out the front tire and crash.

Thanks everyone for the responses .... I learned a lot ... I just wait till I get back to SA and do the Front and Back together...

Back