• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fork protectors

jspivy

Reaction score
Visit site
I keep saying I'll pick up a set of like protectors which kept bugs off the lower part of the fork tubes. Or the neoprene sleeves. But I never get around to it. Then it occurred to me that I have several sheets of kydex sitting around...

I made a cardboard template, covered the kydex in painters tape, transferred the design, and cut it out on the band saw.

2" PVC pipe is smaller than the fork lower so that worked well. Easy to install but keeps tension to hold it in place. Taped one ease to the pipe then heated the kydex as I wrapped it around.

4b625aecbfdb010dc07806408a97a47a.jpg

51212d3b0ee816c911e91a45a19ef88c.jpg

Once done with both, I mixed some silicone and corn starch (makes it thicker and cures faster). The PVC pipe was wrapped in saran wrap, silicone mix was spread inside the protectors, and they were slipped over the pipe. After an hour, I removed them and let them fully cure over night.

eff50937a70815a2f0032ba7e88e96a8.jpg

I still need to test ride but they look like they work fine. I could always put a could holes in the back and add a zip tie to tighten them up.

And yes, ordering something would have been easier and faster.

bd980dd88795ff988ef5baa4276e65b9.jpg
2d150493046635627d09a1ee13ad7da4.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

Good job. Now all you need is a Fenda Extenda to protect that radiator from road dirt.

Good job. Now all you need is a Fenda Extenda to protect that radiator from road dirt.
On the list along with rear shock protection. Getting truck shocks Friday and a car needs suspension work too so bike accessories are on hold. I'll make the rest shock protector but am not sure about a fender extender. They're cheap so I should just buy one.

On the list along with rear shock protection. Getting truck shocks Friday and a car needs suspension work too so bike accessories are on hold. I'll make the rest shock protector but am not sure about a fender extender. They're cheap so I should just buy one.

Careful if You are drilling the rear fender to attach shock protection. I think the bikes ECU is immediately on the other side of the fender.

Careful if You are drilling the rear fender to attach shock protection. I think the bikes ECU is immediately on the other side of the fender.
Thanks for the warning. I assumed something was above that piece of plastic.

Back