• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fork air gap

I'll chime in and say I'm very happy with my my Ricor cartridge emulators. Very easy install. I sucked the oil out, so no fork removal, no drilling. Just drop 'em in and change to 5W oil. Also adds the equivalent of I think ~10mm to the preload spacer.

What kind of improved ride did you experience and do you do any of road (easy stuff).? Any thread where these are explained, lazy I am sorry. I'm planning on 80/20 pavement/off road. Thanks

So after a bunch of different trials this is what I've come up with.

Total travel available: 112mm. The topping springs stop the forks from fully extending fully.

My max travel: 100mm or 108 if you add in the topping springs.

I removed up to 30 mm of fork oil (spring in measurement) and it made no difference in my max travel.

My max travel was only reached under heavy breaking, (can't seem to do a stoppie with ABS), the most travel over rough roads is just over 90mm. This tells me that the damper rod forks will only allow so much travel over a bump. Changing to a lighter fork oil only increased brake dive and only slightly improved "plushness". I believe that drilling out the comp dampening holes will only make brake dive worse.

Oddly the bike feels OK on rough back roads, firm but OK. In town I feel almost every little imperfection and the bike feels harsh and cheap.

Next up: what most have recommended, a call to Race Tech or Ricor, and then Ohlins or Penske or ...................

I'll start a new thread once I've worn out the search engine. :confused:

I received my factory service manual in the mail today. While thumbing through it I found the spec page where it shows the front suspension travel for an NC700SA at 107mm, not the 120 shown here: Honda Motorcycle on Honda Canada's website. That explains some of my measurements.

Typical of the sales dept not always being in sync with the engineering dept. :mad:

Back