• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Flat over 17

But I think I'd rather find a service than try fixing motorcycle flats on the road. I need to call AAA to find out if my membership has any motorcycle benefits.

Kind of depends on where it goes flat, doesn't it?

Attachments

• lonely road.jpg
    lonely road.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 68
  • Dalton Highway.img_assist_custom.jpg
    Dalton Highway.img_assist_custom.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I picked up a nail the other day but luckily it didn't puncture the tire - it went in at an angle along the curve. I pulled it out so it didn't work its way in any further and avoided a flat. However, it has inspired me to buy a fix flat kit, even though I have roadside help through my insurance. As beemerphile points out here ^^^^^ sometimes its good to be independent. I am considering
Stop N' Go's tubeless kit
. Anyone care to stop me before I do something foolish or even not as wise as I could?

I picked up a nail the other day but luckily it didn't puncture the tire - it went in at an angle along the curve. I pulled it out so it didn't work its way in any further and avoided a flat. However, it has inspired me to buy a fix flat kit, even though I have roadside help through my insurance. As beemerphile points out here ^^^^^ sometimes its good to be independent. I am considering
Stop N' Go's tubeless kit
. Anyone care to stop me before I do something foolish or even not as wise as I could?

Stop-n-go is a good kit. I carry one along with the normal bag of gooey worms. I have had flats where the Stop-n-go didn't work (such as wide shale cuts). Normally though, it does a fine job.

ETA: The four little CO2 cartridges won't go as far as you think. I carry a couple of 45 gram cartridges and a monster chuck plus a compressor. The compressor is cheaper to run than blowing multiple cartridges into a tire, but sometimes the big cartridge with the valve removed is necessary to reseat the bead if you managed to roll the tire off the seat before getting stopped. You can be certain that if you wanted it to roll the bead off it would not do it.

http://www.genuineinnovations.com/index.php?target=categories&category_id=27

Have a Plan B. Two is one, and one is none. Worms and mushrooms, compressor and CO2. Plan C (which I carry by the way) is a tube and tire irons. When I was on the Dempster Highway in the Yukon / NWT I was told that a service truck is tomorrow and $1,000. I didn't ask, but the Dalton in Alaska is probably about the same.

Last edited:
Back