• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

First Trip to Work

Enjoy the trip this weekend, be SAFE!

I have the luxury of having a large locker at work to put all my gear in otherwise I would be in the same boat trying to get my jacket, pants, and boots in the panniers. So far 99% of my riding has been commuting, however this weekend the wife and I are taking our first motorcycle only vacation, so definitely need all the luggage space this weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When ProCaliber has the Top Case in stock I think it is around $230. Once you get the Panniers mounted you will have half the brackets you need for the top box, you will just need to buy the rack and the box, so you will be in if for another $340-$350 or so. You can just use the Panniers for a while then if you think you need it, get the top box when you can afford it. Hard bags aren't cheap, but after using a back pack, soft bags, and now hard bags, I don't think I will have another commuter motorcycle without hard bags.

I think I may have jumpped at the side luggage a bit quickly. Another forum member is helping with getting the correct brackets, hopefully at a good price! The top case just seems like more $$ than the deal I found on the side cases, but again I think I could be wrong.

Thanks for the info and your take on the situation, I really appreciate it!

Wondering what everyone thinks of this:

Puig Touring Windscreen Clear Honda 700x 2012 | eBay

When ProCaliber has the Top Case in stock I think it is around $230. Once you get the Panniers mounted you will have half the brackets you need for the top box, you will just need to buy the rack and the box, so you will be in if for another $340-$350 or so. You can just use the Panniers for a while then if you think you need it, get the top box when you can afford it. Hard bags aren't cheap, but after using a back pack, soft bags, and now hard bags, I don't think I will have another commuter motorcycle without hard bags.

I have the smoke screen,I bet you would like it better.I only put it on for fall and winter.in a few months my zero gravity smoke goes back on,I like the looks of the zero better.as far as blocking wind it does OK,but to me the zero does better but that is my 2 cents.

Thanks for the info and your take on the situation, I really appreciate it!

Wondering what everyone thinks of this:

Puig Touring Windscreen Clear Honda 700x 2012 | eBay

Several people on this forum have the Puig windscreen. I am one of them. It was a definite improvement over the Honda Touring screen. Another popular screen is the Madstad. It can be adjusted to your preference.

There is a thread with tons of windscreen discussion. You should check it out. http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2796-best-aftermarket-windscreen-links-each-comparison.html

I'm one of the Madstad converts, love it and worth the premium price.

Several people on this forum have the Puig windscreen. I am one of them. It was a definite improvement over the Honda Touring screen. Another popular screen is the Madstad. It can be adjusted to your preference.

And I am one that has the best of both worlds - Madstad mounting plate and adjustable brackets with a Puig light Smoke screen. Love the looks of the Puig, and the function of the Madstad brackets (just could not get over the giant screen I had when I ordered the Madstad - I was happy with function, which was absolutely wonderful, but not looks or the reflection/glowing edges I was experiencing)

Does Puig make an adjustable model?

And I am one that has the best of both worlds - Madstad mounting plate and adjustable brackets with a Puig light Smoke screen. Love the looks of the Puig, and the function of the Madstad brackets (just could not get over the giant screen I had when I ordered the Madstad - I was happy with function, which was absolutely wonderful, but not looks or the reflection/glowing edges I was experiencing)

Just ordered the set of 3 components to mouth the bags, and have the bracket for the top case. Thanks!

At minimum you will need those brackets, however, the Rear Carrier Saddlebag Mounting Brackets will just be sticking out the back unless you get the Rear Carrier (08L72-MGS-A30) installed. Ascetically Honda designed the Rear Carrier to be a part of the brackets and it may look odd if you don't have it.

The Honda site has a close up of the brackets on the bike: 2012 NC700X Accessories - Honda Genuine Accessories - Honda Powersports

Click on each of the different part numbers and you will see the closeups.

Also, here is the link to the Procaliber discount site:
2012 Honda NC700X Honda Accessories Cargo | Pro Caliber

Great, it's fun installing farkles. If you have a 2013 just remember you don't have to trim the rear cowl to fit the Honda bracket

View attachment 12650

30 degrees this morning, but oh what a wonderful ride! First time taking the new bike to the office!

CONGRATS!!! Greetings from SoCal...

I got my bike on 3/2/14, a few days before this post.

I wanted to install all my accessories before riding it to work. I have about 23 accessories on "NaNCy" now. I rode "Her" to work on the 3/7/14, within a day or 2 from the day you rode yours into work too...

IMG_2388.jpg

When are you going to start to "Accessorize" yours??? :eek:

Back