• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

First gear clunk question

This seems like an interesting subject. I have ridden some 2500km on this bike. Though the first gear clunk still persists. Gear shift has gotten noticeably smoother. I haven't owned a bike that's got so much of a difference in gear shift before and after engine breaking in. Though the first gear clunk is still a pain in the butt.

Quick question since the gear dogs on the main shaft (moving)? Is always slammed onto the gears on the countershaft(stationary)? Would there be any pre mature wear on the gears or if any tell tale signs? If yes how long would it take for the tell tale signs to appear?

Seems like after the bike is well broken in. That first gear clunk has in some occasions turned into a first gear 'thud' :) I am still running on mineral motor oil and will keep you guys updated on that first gear thud after I switch to fully synthetics.

Back