• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Extreme Farkling - Road Test!

Looks are personal, and almost everyone who has the Honda bags is quite happy with them, but I like the looks of the V35 better. Also, the shape seemed to me to be more usable as it uses the area behind the mounting hoop better. The Honda bags were not actually designed for the NC700. They were designed for another bike that had high exhaust pipes - thus the unused space on top inside the brackets. I saw a picture of the "other bike" but I don't remember what it was. IT was clear, however, why they are shaped the way they are.

I agree with beemer on the bags. I was dead set on the OEM bags, but after seeing them on an NCX I decided I would get the V35's. More room is always better for me and they look like they were made for the NCX.

I was wondering if anyone had mounted the Givi v35 cases to the SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock EVO racks yet, and how it worked out.

SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock EVO

These racks will not work with the V35 cases. But they will work with any Givi standard monokey cases that can use the Givi PL1111 sidecase racks.

I was wondering if anyone had mounted the Givi v35 cases to the SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock EVO racks yet, and how it worked out.

SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock EVO
The good news is that SW-Motech makes mounts for the V35 bags. They call them Contour mounts. The bad news is that they don't make them for the NC700. I've emailed them to ask if they plan on coming out with an application for our bikes, but have not received any response.

Bob

Hey, Lee-if I may ask, what is your next trial run of the NCX going to be? Anything big planned, trip-wise?

Unfortunately I have hit a setback Lane. I have torn a tendon on my left bicep from over-lifting and am going to have to have surgery to fix it. I was told that I will have to wear a brace and limit the use of it for six weeks until I finish physical therapy. So, I will have a new Russell seat and cannot ride my bike. I normally do an annual ride to Stockton, AL on the last week-end of the year. This year it is December 30th. That might squeak in with the completion of my PT regimen.

But that is only a short ride. The next really big trip is the maritime provinces and Labrador next summer. I will take the NC instead of the beemer.

Unfortunately I have hit a setback Lane. I have torn a tendon on my left bicep from over-lifting and am going to have to have surgery to fix it. I was told that I will have to wear a brace and limit the use of it for six weeks until I finish physical therapy. So, I will have a new Russell seat and cannot ride my bike. I normally do an annual ride to Stockton, AL on the last week-end of the year. This year it is December 30th. That might squeak in with the completion of my PT regimen.

But that is only a short ride. The next really big trip is the maritime provinces and Labrador next summer. I will take the NC instead of the beemer.

Auugh!

Well that sucks to hear, so sorry!

Maybe at least you can farkle up a fancy carbon fibre brace, replete with RaceTech and Ohlin stickers, lol!

Bugger. Get well soonest!

Last edited:

Hate to hear that. I guess the trip will give you something to look forward to. Get well soon.

Unfortunately I have hit a setback...I will have a new Russell seat and cannot ride my bike...

As a, relatively, new member on this forum I will take on the responsibility of coming to your home and testing the Russell for you....maybe a week, or two will be required for a proper evaluation. ; )

As a, relatively, new member on this forum I will take on the responsibility of coming to your home and testing the Russell for you....maybe a week, or two will be required for a proper evaluation. ; )

I am humbled by your selfless offer. In fact, I may cry.

Unfortunately I have hit a setback Lane. I have torn a tendon on my left bicep from over-lifting and am going to have to have surgery to fix it. I was told that I will have to wear a brace and limit the use of it for six weeks until I finish physical therapy

I'm sorry to hear that :-( I hope it will go well and fast

Back