• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Eastern Beaver 3-Circuit Solultion harness

motoswami

Reaction score
Visit site
Having the desire to add a few electrical farkles (heated grips, heated clothing, extra horn circuit, accessory charging plug in the frunk, an additional SAE connector for whatever, an SAE connector for my RKA In-Charge tank bag, killer ADVMonster LED lights, and maybe a few more things I've forgotten), in addition to the Honda accessory sub-harness I installed Eastern Beaver's 3-circuit harness (#3CS-1FU).

This harness provides three additional separately fused outlet couplers to allow connecting electrical devices of different amp/watt ratings and have them appropriately fused. We don't want a 20 amp fuse on the cell phone charging circuit, now do we? (heh)

It's always a puzzle trying to locate a home for anything new on the NC, and rather than buried under two-three pieces of Tupperware, I wanted to be able to at least change out a fuse if necessary with a minimum of hassle. I think under the left fuct is gonna work OK, as the fuse-holding part of EB's harness can easily be unclipped from the center cowl when I need to access the airbox; the remainder of the time it sits just inside the fuct and gives me relatively easy access to the main 30 amp fuse and the individual 5, 10 and 20 amp fuses for the three circuits. These fuses can be found by tracing the red (always hot) and white and yellow (switched) wires.

While I was playing, I fabricated a mount for the Hi-Lo switch for the Symtek heated grips.

Next, I plan to use the sub-harness coupler for OEM foglights to power my new ADVMonster 30/44 (spot/fog) light combination. That accessory includes a wireless remote dimmer which switches the accessory lights from full power when using high beam to any desired fraction of full power when on low beam. That allows full use of the lights on a dark and lonely road (high beam), but avoids blinding/annoying oncoming drivers when you're on low beam. Full report later, but I hope they'll at least light up (if not actually Bar-B-Que:rolleyes:) Bambi when he's grazing roadside.

Nice work! It's always good to see electrical wiring and mounts well thought out and practical, not to mention properly done.

Thanks for the kind words, Silverhound. I'll have to pass on most of the credit for "professional" work to Jim at Eastern Beaver. His stuff is top notch. Regarding my own work, while I try to solder and heatshrink insulate everything I can get to, and size fuses appropriately for the circuit load, I somehow still manage to have an untidy-looking wire or three hiding somewhere under the panels. As long as they don't get caught in the final drive......

Pete

While I was playing, I fabricated a mount for the Hi-Lo switch for the Symtek heated grips.

I like that and need something similar. Are you worried about it getting wet in the rain? That would be my only concern.

I have had the identical switch mounted similarly on a V-Strom for about five years. I try not to let the bike sit uncovered in the rain (e.g. I use a cover overnighting at a motel) but have otherwise ignored the switch getting wet in normal riding. So far, so good.

I suppose if a problem develops a little hoodie could be fashioned, using the same mounting bolts.

Moving the progress on today, I added this LED lighting kit to my Givi top box.

\E55 Top Case - LED Kit (TS)
It features running, brake and turn indicators, all using the original Givi "reflectors" and installation is pretty straightforward.....once I decided where to drill the 7/16" hole in the top box for the connector/plug. I despise drilling holes in perfectly good items!!!

Any of you who are safety instructors and considering ordering anything from AdMoreLighting, be sure to ask if they will extend to you a discount. They are anxious to see their products displayed to students.

Back