• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dunlop

What Mr. 670 said! My experience was with the previous gen Metz Z6 tires, and the rear looked just fine one morning, and then I was horrified to see cords showing in the afternoon. Waaaaaaaaaay far away from the nearest motorcycle shop, let alone a shop with a rear tire that would fit my bike at the time. That was an expensive lesson, let me tell you. :rolleyes: :(

Haida Gwaii.jpg

Well I guess I'll have the Dunlops installed and go that route. Hopefully I can squeeze at least 3,000 miles out of them.

If you are a non-aggressive rider and not too heavy then the Trailmax tires will probably work fine for you and you will get at least 5K out of them. I am a very aggressive rider. I am 6'4" 225 as well. So, a lot of tires probably don't stand a chance of getting a long life under my butt.

Just a quick tire test update. My Dunlop Roadsmart II tires now have about 4500 miles on them and they have been great. They handle well in wet and dry. They run quiet. Relatively inexpensive. IMHO... A terrific tire for the NC.
>T

Just a quick tire test update. My Dunlop Roadsmart II tires now have about 4500 miles on them and they have been great. They handle well in wet and dry. They run quiet. Relatively inexpensive. IMHO... A terrific tire for the NC.
>T

How much tire do you have left after 4500 miles?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

>T

Compare prices in Canadian dollars from Motorcycle Helmets and Superstore - Gear, Parts, and Accessories - Canada's Motorcycle

Front 120/70ZR17
Dunlop Roadsmart II$146.33
Michelin Pilot Road 3$159.83
Michelin Pilot Road 4$176.53
Continental Conti Trail Attack 2$196.24
Rear 160/60ZR17
Dunlop Roadsmart II$186.06
Michelin Pilot Road 3$195.50
Michelin Pilot Road 4$212.20
Continental Conti Trail Attack 2$224.04

wow, American Motorcycle Tire has these, in US dollars

Front 120/70 - 17

PR 3 -------- $ 130.62

PR 4 -------- $ 138.57

Rear 160/60 - 17

PR 3 ------- $ 156.93

PR 4 ------- $ 166.87

- I paid less than $250 for the pair. The front came from one (online) shop and the rear came from another. When I bought them, I had a hard time finding both of the proper sizes in one shop and I did not want to be testing other sizes.
- Don't know how to scientifically tell how much wear is left. I did not measure tread depths when they were new. But, in my best estimation, they are holding up much better than my stock trailsmarts at this same mileage.
- They definitely handle better.
Ymmv... But I am happy with them so far... Btw... Strictly street riding on my part... Mostly commuting but I do love traffic circles and "the long and winding road" rather than shortcuts on straight roads.
>T

PS.. One place on the web has the fronts for under $100 and the rears for under $120 right now. Just google Roadsmart 160/60.

Last edited:
All this tire chat got me thinking about the subject again. I started looking around because of this discussion thread and found that Dunlop now has a RoadSmart 3 tire. Maybe that explains why the RS 2 appears to be priced so reasonably. So, naturally, I just ordered another set of the 2's, even though my current tires look like they have thousands of miles left on them.

Long-term review of the Dunlop RoadSmart II (front and rear). I'm over a year (4seasons) and over 10k and couldn't ask for more. They are still handling just fine and appear to have lots o' miles left on them. I rode them all winter here in the rainy northwest and had no difficulties or discomfort on the roads. The RS II's are no longer made as Dunlop has moved on to version III.

My riding is commuting on back roads and freeways varying from 35 to 75 mph. 97% asphalt. Occasional jaunt on gravel. I still have no problem recommending these tires.

For Canadian riders- Pete's Superbike generally has the best pricing on tires (I.E. RP4 rears for $196 compared to $223 from Fortnine). Some local dealers are willing to price match Pete's pricing...

Hey Ack. I hope the RS3's work out for you. I have had terrific performance from the RS2's that I have been running.
>Thom

I was able to take a day off on Thursday and get up in the mountains. The tires were great. Really felt good in the twisties. As an added benefit it seems the gas milage was significantly better than the rather squared off Conti Motions they replaced. :D

Back