• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Does anyone have the givig 52L top case?

AGARC1A

Reaction score
Visit site
So i bought the trekker monokey, the 52L and it jusy feels so flimsy compared to my side cases. The sheet of aluminum on it feels so thing. I can literaly smack it with my knuckle and it will dent. I do not have this problem with my side cases and those are aluminum too.

Does anyone else have this case? Is this normal?

Here's a picture of the type of case I'm talking about.

I'm not sure where else to post this but just wondering if anyone owned one. I have the side cases (33 liter) and they're rugged. With the top case though, i was shocked at how easily they dented. Has anyone had this problem?

Heres the top case I'm talking about Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I was afraid of that, so I spent the money and bought the outbacks. They are pretty solid. I also had a maxia e55. It was plastic, but it was well-built and pretty thick plastic.

I've had the Kappa version for about two years now and It's holding up well, I don't think it is flimsy at all. I got it during a sale at Tour & Ride which I think is the only place that sells Kappa products in the U.S. I got for about half price the normal price.

Here's a possibility you might consider... It's $73 and reasonably well made. Good quality, hard, plastic.
see [HERE]. I've added led light strips, that work off the brake light, under the red lens. That wasn't especially difficult. The wiring has a quick disconnect (SAE) connector so it will come off and on quickly.
looks like this:
topbox73.jpg

Last edited:
So i bought the trekker monokey, the 52L and it jusy feels so flimsy compared to my side cases. The sheet of aluminum on it feels so thing. I can literaly smack it with my knuckle and it will dent. I do not have this problem with my side cases and those are aluminum too.

Does anyone else have this case? Is this normal?

Here's a picture of the type of case I'm talking about.

I'm not sure where else to post this but just wondering if anyone owned one. I have the side cases (33 liter) and they're rugged. With the top case though, i was shocked at how easily they dented. Has anyone had this problem?

Heres the top case I'm talking about Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Yes I have the same case. And Yes its not as good as the side cases. If I was you I would send it back.

I got my hands on the Kappa 52L case (same as the Givi) this weekend. I really like it. It looks good, and didn't feel flimsy at all. The aluminum on the top might be a little thin, I'll give you that. But it's just trim, the case is made of thick plastic.

Back