• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DIY Side stand foot.

You can print in PLA or ABS plast.
ABS is more flexible and dont get as hard as PLA.
PLA is easy to print, ABS can be a pain in the....

Both is strong materials.

There are printers now that can make parts from various metal alloys. They are wicked expensive, pricing up to $500k. My local community college is looking at procuring one. Just another sign of all the cool sht that's coming up around the bend.

I'm sorry but, as cool as these are, they do not level the playing manufacturing playing field. The cost to build a product includes the cost of the building (rent/ lease/ loan payments), the cost of money (bridge loans), the local taxes, the local cost of energy, transportation and a host of other factors. The boys in Shanghai still have a huge advantage even without our high labor costs. I'm lucky enough to work for a small manufacturing company in the USA. We survive because we have sharp management, work our butts off and keep to niches too small and narrow for the Chinese.

Goose

what next is the manufacturing parts on the spot , in quantities that are needed.i sincerely hope that this will bring (at least some) of the jobs in manufacturing sector back to US. because it will bring cost of producing goods down and narrow the spread across the globe.(the cost of making it will be same as in china). not to mention that those machines can, and do operate from recycled materials(which again-can be found basically in your trash can).

From last popular mechanics: in feb 2014 number of 3d printer patents will expire, cleaning the way for a flood of cheap professional machines

I love the 3d foot! dunno what the 'cost' is for you but you could always print/sell them here. I'd buy one, since I park in a lot on a sheet of plywood. the small foot makes me nervous.

I love the 3d foot! dunno what the 'cost' is for you but you could always print/sell them here. I'd buy one, since I park in a lot on a sheet of plywood. the small foot makes me nervous.

I'd be interested in buying one of these as well. Let us know how well it works, if you have any ideas on improvements. I'd rather buy from a forum member so they can recover some cost of their 3D printer than buy somewhere else.

From last popular mechanics: in feb 2014 number of 3d printer patents will expire, cleaning the way for a flood of cheap professional machines

That is good news as my friend decided against paying out for a home printer that cant give a fairly smooth finish so maybe we will see printers more capable at better prices :)

So what is wrong or scary about using a 3d printer to make a gun? Remember the 2nd amendment!

Let's see, you have a small explosion (bullet being fired) is a piece of plastic, no matter how good of grade of plastic, plastic was never meant to hold up to the explosive power of a bullet-heck, I have seen metal gun barrels come apart from shells being fired in them. Nothing to do with the 2nd amendment-all about safety and blowing your fool head or hand off.

Hi

Just want to show my homemade side stand foot.
The 3D printer is printing the foot at the moment. I will post the final result later.

Hope it will fit my bike :)

View attachment 10681

View attachment 10680

You could sell dozens (if not hundreds) of those on this forum; heck, I would buy one, but the shipping cost from Denmark to the US would probably be a killer. That looks so cool.

amazing stuff. going to try this on weekend

Autodesk 123D Catch | 3d model from photos

i'm looking for something like this for a very long time. commercial 3d scanners obviously out of question because of the price.for example-i need a form for thermocasting(let say windscreen for NC out of plexiglass). in order to do that you need all sort of measurements from the bike. using this thing-it should be a piece pf cake.

Back