• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Danmoto carbon gp review + response to previous threads

TierAngst

Reaction score
Visit site
Install:
It's a lot lighter than the stock pipe, I was expecting as much from previous posts but it still surprised me at just how little it weighs. The install was very quick and easy, no alignment issues or problems sliding it all the way to the stock stopper for the connecting pipe. The hardest part of the entire install was getting the rubber protector onto the metal hanging strap, which really wasn't difficult, just took a minute.

The sound:
Obviously this comes down to preference but I like the lower pitched grumble that it produces. Someone else compared it to a harley but to me it still isn't quite that deep and not even close to as loud as most harley aftermarket pipes. Someone else complained how loud it is and said you absolutely must get the extra baffle for it, I did so but installed it without first and glad I did. The exhaust noise is overcome by the wind noise by the time I hit 45mph and while it is much louder at idle than stock, it's no screamer. If you're looking for a small amount of noise but want to keep it quiet the baffle will probably be good for you but I don't need it and will probably return it. I'll post another video of the sound in a few days but I've only got the camera/mic on my phone so don't expect the greatest quality.

Quality:
I'm extremely pleased with the quality to price ratio on this. I wouldn't say it's as good as the mivv on my last bike but it's also 1/4 the price. Definitely not lacking in any way and doesn't look like it'll fall apart for the life of the bike so that's good enough for me.

+1 on your assessment of the slip-on. When I took my bike for inspection the inspector (bike nut) took it a block or two for a rolling brake test. I remember thinking the bike sounded rather mellow and pleasant with the danmoto on it.

I'd like to see a pic of it mounted as well as the video.

I'm thinking of ordering this pipe as well, only problem is I'm currently stationed in CA and they won't ship here. Anyone know what the law is that makes this not legal/ can explain this?

So I'm not sure how to post anything with a link in it because it always says awaiting moderator approval but never gets approved. I've got a video on youtube you can find by searching for "tierangst nc700x". Sorry for the crappy camera(phone) quality.

I have the Danmoto Jisu. I also find that once I hit about 40-50 + I don't really hear the pipe very much.

Hey guys,
Do you have any problems with discoloration of the carbon fiber being out in the sun? I am thinking about getting the Danmoto carbon GP but leave my bike out in the hot sun a couple days a week. I am wondering if I should get the XG-1 or the Jisu instead.

I got a GP Carbon on ebay after reading your Jisu thread. This is the best bang for buck exhaust i have seen. Small, Lite, and sounds like a real v-twin without giving one a headache on the highway. This sounds close to a vance & hines i had a long time ago.

It also sounds better than some of the videos depict as i was pleasantly surprised in person +

if it gets discolored from the sun i will follow up

I've had one for about 5 months now and I love the sound, especially when idling. I bought the baffle as well, but after a week or so I preferred to have it out. Without the baffle I can see all the way down to the pipe when looking down it without any extra source of light. That exhaust hole is huge! Looking at it without the baffle I think this muffler itself doesn't do much at all to reduce sound, and the NC motor is naturally just a quiet one to begin with. I could imagine this thing would be deafening on a loud engine, but with the NC700 it sounds great!!!!

Installation was easy, the hardest part was getting these two springs hooked around the muffler and the pipe that somewhat seals the two together, I figured out I can hook the spring around the bend on an L shaped allen wrench and pull the spring over the hooks that way.

Last edited:
Back