• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Corbin Seat: Yes or No?

walawn

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm thinking of getting the Corbin front and rear seat for my 2015 NC700XD. Has anyone done this? Any feedback would be appreciated if you own this seat. I know I will lose the non-slip textured surface of the 2015 stock seat, but I think it will be an improvement over stock. I checked out their website last night and I liked the changes they made. I loved the Corbin seat I had on my 2006 Yamaha Vmax. I travel about an hour away to Maryland every weekend and my lower back and buttocks gets hammered from the stock setup. Also, I think my girlfriend would definitely appreciate the improvement to the pillion seat. I think black leather, black sides, and no welts would look good. What do you guys think?:confused:

I bought both and still had to use the Showkey mod to stop the sliding. The seats are MUCH better than stock, but if I had to do it over again, I would get something else.

I would only do it if you do a ride-in and have them modify the shape to suit you, specifically. I have a Corbin and that's how I did it.

I'm thinking the same thing. This seems like the best alternative. I looked at Air Hawk and Easy Rider seat pads, but that doesn't seem like a permanent solution to me. I've always been impressed by Corbin's quality.

I bought both and still had to use the Showkey mod to stop the sliding. The seats are MUCH better than stock, but if I had to do it over again, I would get something else.

I haven't noticed any slope in mine. Maybe Honda made a change for the 2015 year. I know my seat is textured for grip and to stop sliding, where as the earlier models were not and had smooth vinyl.

I would only do it if you do a ride-in and have them modify the shape to suit you, specifically. I have a Corbin and that's how I did it.

That's a smart idea, but their location is no where near me so it's not an option. I wish there was a aftermarket seat company that sent out a kit like I had with my custom orthotics. You could press your butt in some foam or something similar and ship it to them to create something unique to you. I've seen seat redo kits for our bikes on a few sights where you could make it into a sport seat or touring seat based on which kit you purchased.

Here's one vote for the Sargent brand seat. I've been on cross country rides coast to coast to coast... and liked this seat.
see [HERE]. You don't have to give up your existing seat. They send you the seat with its own "pan"... I believe the term is.
I've never felt the need to correct the "slope" problem...not with this seat.... I did with the stock, though.
ws_632F_19_800.jpg

Last edited:
I found the following on Corbin's website so maybe they fixed the slope issue:

"Corbin's rider seat offers improved ergonomics that gives improved weight distribution and a more correct seating posture. This sculpted seating area fits the shape of your body and helps to eliminate hot spots and the centralized pressure you feel from the stock unit. The platform has been neutralized to curb sliding towards the tank under braking which also helps to reduce fatigue. We've also repositioned the rider's seat as the stock position felt crowded to the tank."

I'll call them tomorrow and chat with them about the bike and see what they say...

I'm only a few hours away from their shop so I rode in to have the seat done.
That way you can "test ride" on the foam to get it adjusted so it's good for you.
The "base/starter" seat foam is flatter and wider than the stock so you get better support.
Then they have a pile of different cover styles, colors, grains, I went with a weave type pattern so there is some grip and sliding forward isn't a problem. I only did the front portion.

Here's one vote for the Sargent brand seat. I've been on cross country rides coast to coast to coast... and liked this seat.
see [HERE]. You don't have to give up your existing seat. They send you the seat with its own "pan"... I believe the term is.
I've never felt the need to correct the "slope" problem...not with this seat.... I did with the stock, though.
View attachment 24739

Yeah, I checked out the link. It seems they fixed the slope problem as well and have their own special version of foam, but they don't offer a rear seat option. All they offer is a cover. I think I may stick with the Corbin one. I'm going to have to do some more research...sigh...:rolleyes:

It would be interesting to know if they would build one on request without the big Corbin on the side. Sargent and Shad just have that little tag, while the Saddlemen has no external advertising.

Last edited:
I did the same, except I visited the Corbin Shop a total of 3 times for fine tuning of the seat shape. I really like the Corbin. I've purchased the Sargeant, the Shad, the Saddlemen and the Seat Concept. I only purchased the front seat except for the Shad and the Saddlemen, which I purchased both front and rear. Of these 4 brands the Seat Concept is the best, and it's second best to the Corbin. I could be happy with a Seat Concept, but I sold my Seat Concept to a friend after finally settling on the Corbin. But you should know that the Seat Concept works best for taller riders.

I got a second hand Corbin set, it has the very non-slip 'asphalt' texture. I have it slope modded, and am very happy. Had to do quite a bit of fiddling to get the pillion seat latch working satisfactorily though.

I'm only a few hours away from their shop so I rode in to have the seat done.
That way you can "test ride" on the foam to get it adjusted so it's good for you.
The "base/starter" seat foam is flatter and wider than the stock so you get better support.
Then they have a pile of different cover styles, colors, grains, I went with a weave type pattern so there is some grip and sliding forward isn't a problem. I only did the front portion.

Weave type pattern sounds smart. I will call Corbin today and get back with everyone on what they suggest. I'm 5'8" and about 160 lbs.

It would be interesting to know if they would build one on request without the big Corbin on the side. Sargent and Shad just have that little tag, while the Saddlemen has no external advertising.

I played around with their seat building tool last night on my computer, customizing the color of the "Corbin" logo, and it seams like if you get it in black it would camouflage pretty well and wouldn't contrast with the seat material as long as it was in black. It was invisible to me digitally at least. I know it's raised embroidery so I'm sure you could see it when you get close.

I got a second hand Corbin set, it has the very non-slip 'asphalt' texture. I have it slope modded, and am very happy. Had to do quite a bit of fiddling to get the pillion seat latch working satisfactorily though.

Oh, that's disconcerting. I've had several Corbin saddles for my bikes and they've all worked flawlessly. My Vmax had the fuel tank under the seat, but it was only a small access port in the rear seat to access the filler cap and the seat didn't hinge like it does on our bikes. I better voice this to Corbin and see what they say.

Back