• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

cooling fan

berryw

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone had their cooling fan come on? I've never noticed mine on, so if it has come on, its really quiet.

Just curious.

-Berry

It is really quiet, you will know it's on because the heat at your legs. More over, it remains on for a very short period, as it only has to lower the temp from 100 to 95 ºC

you know... now that you say that, i have felt a warm breeze on my right leg now and again....

Has anyone had their cooling fan come on? I've never noticed mine on, so if it has come on, its really quiet.

Just curious.

-Berry

I once have a 2000/2001 Yamaha FZR 600 that I bought brand new that the fan never work!!! Found out the hard way...

Ever since then, every bikes that I bought I always make sure the fan works... come home from a ride and let the engine idle and make sure the fan eventually come on...

My F800ST fan seemed like it would never NOT go off, haha. It never overheated though, and always showed the proper temp. on the guage. It would pee coolant out of it's reservoir tank onto your leg, but they all did that, if the tank fluid level was at or above the "min" level mark.

My CBR I've never once heard it or felt it come on. I don't know if it even works. No issues ever though, in over 5 years.

My NCX I've heard the fan come on a few times, but it is very very quiet. Can't say I've noticed any airflow warmth from it myself, but I seem to have always worn my Aerostich AD-1's with armour and my Sidi ADV boots, when on my 700 so far, now that I look back. It would take a fair lot of heat to ever notice through those two items.

So I guess someone may have a faulty fan, AND a faulty temp meter?
:p

How do we "force" the fan to come on, as a test?
Turn on the bike and leave it idling in a hot garage?

NCX has the quietest fan I have ever heard!!! If you are talking to someone while waiting for it to kick it, you might miss it... ;)

So I guess someone may have a faulty fan, AND a faulty temp meter?
:p

How do we "force" the fan to come on, as a test?
Turn on the bike and leave it idling in a hot garage?

Leave it idling in the garage (not need to be a "hot" garage) when returning home from some ride and it will come on in some minutes for sure. If you had a coolant temp meter (as I have) you will see the fan will go on at 100 ºC, and it will disconnect again at 95 ºC. If you don't hear the fan, you can see the blades moving using a torch from the left side of the bike

A torch, whatcha burning? Dang Brits call flashlights torches. They think they're still in the Middle Ages!:eek:

Don't even talk rocker about football!

HEY!! What did I do? :)
Anyway my wife son & daughter in law are off to Wembley stadium (in London) Sunday to watch Pats V Rams in a game of that strange gridiron :)

Flashlights and football is what comes about when all the most adventurous of Europe all decide to come to a new land, tell a King to kiss their butt (arse?) and spend a couple of hundred years mixing together all of their accents with influences from the rest of the world. American, its English with spice....

Back