• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Clutch handle modifications

Glang1963

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride a 2015 NC750x which I really enjoy as a rider getting back to bikes after a 40 year break. I recently had a mitre saw accident which resulted in the loss of my pointer finger and the upper knuckle of my index finger on my clutch hand. The surgeons indicate I will have full use of my remaining fingers but I am finding the clutch difficult to pull and the clutch handle is now too far away to grab easily with my shortened fingers.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket clutch handle that you don’t have to reach as far to grab? If so, could you pass along your recommendation please?

The local Honda dealer suggested upgrading to a DCT version but I really like the using the clutch so am hoping to find a solution.

Thanks.

I have aftermarket clutch and brake levers on my NC that have 5 adjustment settings for the position of the lever to the grip. I don’t have a hand problem, but these levers are easier to operate. They are unbranded, but you should be able to find some adjustable levers for our bikes if you do some internet searching. EBay is one place to look.

I bought these, the long version. The edges are a lot more squared off than the OEM but they are 'taller' and I find them more comfortable and easy to use. I also think the leverage on both the brake and clutch are slightly different from OEM which makes the clutch and brake lighter to pull.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364276574563

But PS. They were not assembled well and I had to reinstall the the nut and bolt that held the lever to the adjuster.

I bought these, the long version. The edges are a lot more squared off than the OEM but they are 'taller' and I find them more comfortable and easy to use. I also think the leverage on both the brake and clutch are slightly different from OEM which makes the clutch and brake lighter to pull.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364276574563

But PS. They were not assembled well and I had to reinstall the the nut and bolt that held the lever to the adjuster.
Yep, mine look much like those in your link. One caution I would add: there are some aftermarket versions that have a hinged joint in the lever, as if perhaps to allow bending to prevent breakage in a tip over. I advise against that type as you end up with a floppy lever with too many moving parts.

Pazzo Racing. My NC is the second bike I’ve had their adjustable levers on. They will cost more than the online “What Brand Is This” levers, but not expensive, and the quality is excellent. You can get just clutch, or clutch and brake, and they offer colour options.

Back